I've read here and other places about the bullet scratching issues with the B series rifles. My B22 Precision was bought brand new a few months ago and it does scratch the bullets and has pretty bad accuracy which I feel is due to the scratched bullets. The gun shoots very erratically, can shoot a few perfect bullseyes then have the next few shots anywhere from a half inch to over an inch away. The "flyers" can be high, low, left or right away from the point of aim. I have tried many different brands of ammo from cheap bulk pack stuff to several different varieties of expensive Eley match grade and just about everything in between. They all basically shoot the same. I've also tried 3 different scopes including 2 that shot fine on the guns they came off of and 1 brand new just to make sure I am good there. In addition to many brands of ammo and the copes I have tried torquing the chassis bolts in 5 pound increments from the 20 inch/lb that the manual calls for all the way up to 45 inch/lbs. Did not make one bit of difference.

I called Savage yesterday and they want me to ship the gun to them. Said they will have their gunsmith's repair and test fire it before sending back which is great, but I would rather not be without the gun for a month or more. So I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a fix without sending it away. Thanks in advance for any advice!