Thread: Winger

Winger

I am new to the Savage site. I have a couple of Savage Shotguns [old ones] but am now considering purchasing a 17HMR, a buddy assures me that I need to buy one. Currently looking at the Model 93R17 GV17 Left Hand- yep, I'm a southpaw. My question; is there an aftermarket stock available for this particular firearm? I have looked at Boyd Stocks, but their warnings leave me a little skeptical about the fit. Does anyone know if I would have to do some wood working in order to get a good fit, and will I need to purchase a heavier magazine plate and trigger guard?

May just skip all of this and go for the Model 93R17 BTVSS Left Hand and be done with it - I do like a thumb hole stock.

Comments / input appreciated.

Basic Member
    A lot depends on what you want to do with the rifle. For hunting the 17 will give you a bit more range with a flatter trajectory, but many say less accuracy as in 'under 1-moa' 'NOT' ?
    Also, if you plan to shoot a lot, the cost of 17 is waaay more than 22LR, plus 22 is more accurate (in general), especially in this 'lower-cost' rifle range.
    I have a Sav B22 FV that can shoot under 1/2" at 50 and ca 1.5" at 100, using CCI-SV 40g or comparable ammo. That's all I'm asking for, anything more goes to my .223 or x39 or .308.