Thread: The new Guy

The new Guy

Hi everyone, I am a new member from Namibia in Africa. Does anyone know where I can get a bolt protector for my Savages?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Welcome to our happy home Johan. Which one part of the U.S. did you immigrate to? How long have you been with us & what’s your firearms background?

What exactly do you mean by Bolt Protector? There is something like this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/324555558830

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Welcome to our happy home Johan. Which one part of the U.S. did you immigrate to? How long have you been with us & what’s your firearms background?
    Hi Dave, I wish I was in the US. I still call Africa my home. I do large rifle and .22 bench rest. Been shooting since 4 years old and reloading for 21 years.

Basic Member
    Welcome from colorful Colorado

I owe it all to my dad.

Thanks brother.

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan Nel View Post
    Hi Dave, I wish I was in the US. I still call Africa my home. I do large rifle and .22 bench rest. Been shooting since 4 years old and reloading for 21 years.
    Oh WOW! I’m surprised we have a Savage enthusiast visiting our Forum from Africa. Very cool! Let me ask you John, as being a South-African yourself… what’s it like there now? I’ve read several pieces that indicate it’s almost a REVERSED apartheid now? Or, the same I guess, but just changed ethnic groups. White farmers being murdered, having their land re-appropriated, whites unable to get jobs. What is your take as one living there?

I understand what you mean about “wishing” you were here. I thank The Lord often that I was born a US citizen. I’m actually in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania… you know, Rocky? Are you trying to come here to the States? If it’s what you want, I do hope you are able to locate here one day. And yes, it’s true… our Gun laws really are AWESOME! LOL! (In most States)

Hi everyone, I am a new member from Namibia in Africa. Does anyone know where I can get a bolt protector for my Savages?

Amazon.com : Protektor Model Rifle Bolt Sheath, Large, Multicolor, Multi : Gun Holsters : Sports & Outdoors

I am from Namibia, we were under South African rule many moons back, but since 1990 we got our independence. It is a very sad story and the other sad part is nobody knows the hole truth, but we all soldier on. Three of my rifles are Savages and I am convinced that they are one of the best manufactures on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post

What exactly do you mean by Bolt Protector? There is something like this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/324555558830
    My luck, this product cant be shipped to Namibia.

Welcome to the forums.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Team Savage
    welcome,explain bolt protector ?

Quote Originally Posted by ragsflh View Post
    welcome,explain bolt protector ?
    We have a rule at our club that states the bolt must be out of the rifle for safekeeping until is is time to shoot. Lowe in Australia makes these, but not for Savage.

We have a rule at our club that states the bolt must be out of the rifle for safekeeping until is is time to shoot. Lowe in Australia makes these, but not for Savage.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324555558830?_ul=NA

Banned
    Ill be honest Johan, that’s something I would rig up myself. I actually take the bolt out of my Savage as well; for an easier fit in the case because it’s an extended handle. But I just lay it in the case, next to the rifle. I don’t worry about a protector.