Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IS there any favorite among barrel makers, among the faithful?

Banned

Less than 1 MOA at 2K yards huh? Show the unedited video & Ill give accolades. Otherwise, it’s just talk. There isn’t a single video of that anywhere online! Like I said… a lot of Tall Tales in shooting. It’s kinda like that record setting fish people caught. Totally legit… just take my word for it, LOL!

Oh yeah.. the shots missed among the 5 on target still count, far as I know.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by want2ride View Post
    How big is your ego, and does anyone that is .5 inches outside your target size get disqualified from answering the question? Does the barrel that you recommend automatically make the original poster shoot the groups that you do?

You sure seem to make it sound like if someone doesn't use your recommended barrel that they are set up for automatic failure.
    do not attack me..when you choose to not answer simple questions. this is a bully form of reply, refuses to be quiet but cannot add to the topic so he attacks a poster.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdshooter2 View Post
    do not attack me..when you choose to not answer simple questions. this is a bully form of reply, refuses to be quiet but cannot add to the topic so he attacks a poster.
    Bully reply? What are you 6 years old?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Bully reply? What are you 6 years old?
    and you just added to the poor process
    you added nothing to the titled conversation
    but again attacked me
    another person with nothing to add, but cannot be quiet

cant play nice?
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

The drama llama has been dealt with - carry on.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

You guys do realize that you have just been a part of ejecting possibly one of the greatest shooters in the world. I heard he once killed a prairie dog at 600 yards with a 30 mph crosswind in the fog and rain at night.

Disgusting way to treat a legend.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    You guys do realize that you have just been a part of ejecting possibly one of the greatest shooters in the world. I heard he once killed a prairie dog at 600 yards with a 30 mph crosswind in the fog and rain at night.

Disgusting way to treat a legend.
    Absolutely MID-EVIL Robin, LOL!

He didn’t say anything in this thread, worthy of banning though. IMHO. But I’m not a fan of banning period. It’s too much like limiting free speech. Not my thing. But..., not my call.

Basic Member
    I wish he would learn how to present his ideas in a reasonable manner. I think he has a lot of experience that could benefit a lot of us.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    I wish he would learn how to present his ideas in a reasonable manner. I think he has a lot of experience that could benefit a lot of us.
    Yeah, seems like he knows a bit. (Although I’ll stick to the evidence I referred to in this thread) He just cant help telling everyone else they know nothing. There is a larger group of knowledgeable people here than any other Forum I’ve been on. Short of flat out verbally attacking someone, calling for violence, don’t think he should be banned. Maybe he just got a time out for a month, like I had.(I’m still trying to figure that one out?)

I support banning. Sometimes it sucks. But everybody knows Not to get stupid or Bam, Another man done gone....ever heard of Marie Laveau.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga2xt0kUAZs

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Yeah, seems like he knows a bit. (Although I’ll stick to the evidence I referred to in this thread) He just cant help telling everyone else they know nothing. There is a larger group of knowledgeable people here than any other Forum I’ve been on. Short of flat out verbally attacking someone, calling for violence, don’t think he should be banned. Maybe he just got a time out for a month, like I had.(I’m still trying to figure that one out?)
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Absolutely MID-EVIL Robin, LOL!

He didn’t say anything in this thread, worthy of banning though. IMHO. But I’m not a fan of banning period. It’s too much like limiting free speech. Not my thing. But..., not my call.
    There's some history with this guy, and it's not the first time he's been banned (some of ya'll might remember MikeInCo - same person). Simply put, he's one of those who's done it all, knows it all, and is the best at everything - at least in his own mind. And just as we saw play out right here in this thread, if anyone dares to question or doesn't tell him exactly what he wants to hear he goes into a-hole mode.

While he may (key word being MAY) be all that he says he is, the fact is he has a very abrasive personality and if I've learned anything in the 20+ years I've been running this site it's that these kinds of people do nothing but create conflict and tension on the forum which if left unchecked will do nothing but drive people away. As such, in the long run it's better overall for the site to dispel the single agitator early on rather than keeping them around and letting their behavior drive who knows how many others off the forum in the coming weeks or months.

It's our jobs as admin/moderators to ensure the forum remains a fun and friendly place for people to come and discuss things, and the forum simply can't be that when you have certain people on it who constantly rub people the wrong way because of their demeanor. More simply put, if one can't come on here and interact or share their knowledge in a friendly and polite manner, we don't want them here. One of you learned that the hard way a few months ago with a temp ban because an ongoing quarrel with another member, and I probably would have given this person the same IF I hadn't already know he was someone who had previously been banned from the site and was actively circumventing that ban with this current account. I knew it was him after just a few posts under this new name as the posts always had the same snarkiness and tone to them, and the info in his profile confirmed it. I debated whether to boot him then but decided to give him a chance to see if he'd changed his ways, but clearly he hadn't and thus now he's gone.

As for the rules, it falls under Rule 1 - All members will treat one another with dignity and respect at all times. This includes any name calling, personal attacks, profanity directed towards another member, or any other disrespectful, obnoxious or rude act.

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Banned
    Ahhh…well, now that makes perfect sense.

While you don't have to explain yourself Mr. Baker you did a fine job. Most if not all of us enjoy some fun banter but dislike the guy who attacks every position. You could see his personality starting to creep into his post. I have empathy for the dysfunctional people. I hope you guys can have a little empathy for me when I am out of line.

Criterion.

Basic Member
    Totally agree with the administration responsibilities and actions. A thankless job, but, we thank you for your time invested in this forum so we can all enjoy it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12