Thread: Red Dot on Model 99E

Question Red Dot on Model 99E

Looking to replace my Lyman peep sight with a Burris fastfire 3 or other, does anyone have a link to mounting hardware?

Is it tapped for scope bases? I used a rail and mounted it with a pic setup. An aimpoint was used with an american defense co witness riser. Mount it forward is best in my humble opinion.

https://www.kenfarrell.com/index.php...product_id=319

You may not need a riser with the Ken Farrell.

EGW is cheaper but out of stock. You might also look at weaver Mil spec rail.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    For a small ope frame red dot like the Fastfire, you might get away with the single slot Weaver #19 base (Or #14 for the rear, but I agree with Robinhood that forward is better). I have not been impressed with either the Fastfire Pic mount or the American Defense QD. I don’t know what to recommend in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Model24 View Post
    For a small ope frame red dot like the Fastfire, you might get away with the single slot Weaver #19 base (Or #14 for the rear, but I agree with Robinhood that forward is better). I have not been impressed with either the Fastfire Pic mount or the American Defense QD. I don’t know what to recommend in that regard.
    I did use the single slot weaver on a 10 action blackout. Used the same Aimpont/AD combo on it. I am happy but with regards to that setup, I don't have anything to compare to.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.