Thread: Accuatrigger Work

Accuatrigger Work

Anyone do this to their accuatrigger in their Axis II Precision?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMkMyi1TK-0

Banned
    That’s nothing. And I frown upon using a Dremel for this. Look back at some of my threads. Or better yet, ask a couple of the members I’ve worked their Accutriggers for. I use stones & the parts held in a fixture to get perfect flat surfaces. Actually, besides doing that, there is a little kit made for the Axis Accutriggers. I make my own parts for my kits with Titanium washers. Oh, and I set members triggers up for free. No charge for anything. But I do encourage people doing on their own if they feel able to.

Here’s the kit available online from Mcarbo. Along with setting up the surfaces, it comes out pretty nice.
    https://www.mcarbo.com/savage-axis-trigger-pro-kit.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    That’s nothing. And I frown upon using a Dremel for this. Look back at some of my threads. Or better yet, ask a couple of the members I’ve worked their Accutriggers for. I use stones & the parts held in a fixture to get perfect flat surfaces. Actually, besides doing that, there is a little kit made for the Axis Accutriggers. I make my own parts for my kits with Titanium washers. Oh, and I set members triggers up for free. No charge for anything. But I do encourage people doing on their own if they feel able to.

Here’s the kit available online from Mcarbo. Along with setting up the surfaces, it comes out pretty nice.
    https://www.mcarbo.com/savage-axis-trigger-pro-kit.aspx
    I watched the video for that and thought it was a different trigger. It looks like a one piece trigger and my Axis has the two piece trigger with the silver blade in the middle. I figured that the Axis doesn't come with an accutrigger like the Axis II Precision.

Banned
    The Axis II does have the Accutrigger. It was one of the add one with it being the 2nd Generation of Axis rifles. The first Axis, previously the “Edge”, did not have the Accutrigger. That is an easy way to tell it’s an Axis II, if it has the Accutrigger, it is.

The Axis II does have the Accutrigger. It was one of the add one with it being the 2nd Generation of Axis rifles. The first Axis, previously the “Edge”, did not have the Accutrigger. That is an easy way to tell it’s an Axis II, if it has the Accutrigger, it is.
    That's what I'm talking about. The trigger in the Mcarbo video doesn't look like the Axis II trigger -- is the kit applicable to the Axis II?

Banned
    Yes, it can be used with the Accutrigger. If you look through my content you’ll see triggers I’ve set up exactly like that for members here. I don’t use MCarbo stuff. I use my own parts that machine.

Yes, it can be used with the Accutrigger. If you look through my content you’ll see triggers I’ve set up exactly like that for members here. I don’t use MCarbo stuff. I use my own parts that machine.

Oh, okay, thanks.

So I went to the Mcarbo site and they say the Savage AXIS Pro Trigger Kit won't fit the Axis II since it has an Accutrigger.

[/COLOR]

Banned
    Yet the Axis & Axis II use the the same stock trigger spring.

And Mcarbo also has this. Which is the same dimensions as the Accutrigger. Oh… and they claim this fits BOTH Axis I & Axis II…. and even cute the 110. Interesting… they don’t want to say their trigger spring works for the Accutrigger, they want you to buy THIER copy of the Accutrigger. But it will also work for the Axis I. LOL!

So yeah, I don’t use Mcarbo parts like I said, I make my own. And I’ve been performing this same style modification to many Accutriggers. On a side note I’ll say this… Mcarbo is in business to make money. I’m not. And I can pretty much guaranty no one at Mcarbo knows as much as I know about Savages.

Darn Dave, if I had known you do Axis II triggers I would have called. I swapped in an Elftmann trigger but was getting light strikes in my Axis II Precision. Gave me fits. Put the Accutrigger back in and it worked. Added the MCarbo kit. Made it a whole lot better. Hope all is well. Oh and Yeah, stones not dremmel , agreed

Worked in my Savage Axis II Precision and works quite well
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
    So I went to the Mcarbo site and they say the Savage AXIS Pro Trigger Kit won't fit the Axis II since it has an Accutrigger.

• Reduce your trigger pull from a stock 6lbs to a modified 2.5 - 3.5lbs (Average results can vary +/- 1lb)
    • Improve Accuracy and Overall Savage AXIS Performance
    • 40% Trigger Pull Reduction!
    • Pro-Kit Includes the Savage AXIS Trigger Spring Kit plus all Stainless Steel Hardware
    • Custom Designed Trigger Return Spring, Stainless Steel Overtravel Screw and Trigger Shims plus Synthetic Grease w/ PTFE.
    • WILL NOT FUNCTION IN THE SAVAGE EDGE
    • Best Aftermarket Trigger Upgrade for your Savage AXIS Rifle in one complete Trigger Job.
    • Protected by the M*CARBO 100% Lifetime Guarantee
    • Made in the USA!
    • Fast Same Day Shipping!

[/COLOR]

• Reduce your trigger pull from a stock 6lbs to a modified 2.5 - 3.5lbs (Average results can vary +/- 1lb)
    • Improve Accuracy and Overall Savage AXIS Performance
    • 40% Trigger Pull Reduction!
    • Pro-Kit Includes the Savage AXIS Trigger Spring Kit plus all Stainless Steel Hardware
    • Custom Designed Trigger Return Spring, Stainless Steel Overtravel Screw and Trigger Shims plus Synthetic Grease w/ PTFE.
    • WILL NOT FUNCTION IN THE SAVAGE EDGE
    • Best Aftermarket Trigger Upgrade for your Savage AXIS Rifle in one complete Trigger Job.
    • Protected by the M*CARBO 100% Lifetime Guarantee
    • Made in the USA!
    • Fast Same Day Shipping!

Banned
    Yes, I’ve been doing trigger jobs over 20years. Quite a few for members here the last 6 or 7 years. And of course, never charge a dime. Just one of the “Give backs” I can do for people.

Light strikes with the Elfman? Interesting. I haven’t heard any problems with those. Seem to work well enough as the Timney or Rifle Basix Sav-1. I can see it suffering from too light a spring adjustment, just as any other trigger. Did you try adjusting it?

Yes, I’ve been doing trigger jobs over 20years. Quite a few for members here the last 6 or 7 years. And of course, never charge a dime. Just one of the “Give backs” I can do for people.

Light strikes with the Elfman? Interesting. I haven’t heard any problems with those. Seem to work well enough as the Timney or Rifle Basix Sav-1. I can see it suffering from too light a spring adjustment, just as any other trigger. Did you try adjusting it?

I tired to work with it but got more creep and seemed like it would partially release IMHO an then once it broke the strike was light. I have stoned the factory surfaces when I installed it but when the accurtrigger went back in the problem was solved. Hum makes me think more about the Elftman
    Put more tension into the spring Dave??