I have a Savage 110 precision in 6.5CM, just shy of 900 rounds through it, and jesus this bolt lift is rough. It's been rough from the get-go, and I know this is a common issue that generally comes with the territory, but it almost seems like mine has gotten worse (that could just be in my head though). Kind of feels more like hanging up than a heavy bolt lift.

Does it really take that much force to lift the bolt/cock it for the rest of you, and how have you approached this? The real hang up is probably the last fifth or so of the throw. Some things that I've read or came to mind:

• Bolt lift kit- thoughts on this/if it's worth it? Haven't taken apart the bolt yet but doesn't seem too difficult on these. Any suggestions on kits that standout from the others? I've only really looked at Desh

• Lubricant/grease- not sure how much effect this would have here in general, but opinions I've been finding are all over the map here. I've only done very light amounts of grease (shooter's choice or TW25B) on the lugs previously, and imagine at some point a bit of lubricant oil has prob ended up on the rails they slide on. Some talk about greasing the ramp/cocking cam where pin slides against; that seems like it might cause more harm than good? Flip side, if it's too gunked up maybe needs a blast of gun scrubber or MCW25 or something? I've got breakfree CLP too but don't use that stuff much and not sure that really belongs anywhere here in the first place.

• Screws- heard some people mention front action screw, or even scope base screws, as a possible factor. Still need to play around with the torque here and see how it's affecting things, but have any of you experienced this and what are you running the torque at? Action screws I run somewhere around 50-55 I believe, which I thought was pretty normal. My scope base has actually come loose twice; once right from the factory (seems somewhat normal) and once a tiny bit about 100 rounds ago. I've got the EGW 20MOA rail that comes w/ the precision model; torqued to 20 in/lbs this last time per their website, although just now realizing that there may have been some loctite on there from the first time it came loose... so maybe I've over-torqued technically. Hm. How much would you torque if using loctite do you think?

Another thing I noticed is that the cocking pin on mine doesn't stick straight up perpendicular to the bolt when in the cocked position- it's actually angled back slightly, almost like it's getting pushed to that angle by the pressure or something. Not 45deg or anything like that, but definitely noticeable. Couldn't find much on this, any idea if it's normal or possibly a problem? Pin on my Savage 12 (.223, old model w/ staggered feed internal mag) is like that too, but to a much, much lesser degree than this 110.

Speaking of that 12, the bolt runs buttery smooth compared to this 110, and the trigger pull is also way lighter. I've been trying to get the 110 adjusted down to that pull, but every time I get it down to a certain point, the accutrigger blade (?) trips and locks up the trigger (for lack of much better wording). Maybe just the luck of the draw here, or accutriggers used to better back in the day... Would be great to have the bolt even halfway near as smooth as the 12 too.

That ended up being long as hell, my bad. Any and all thoughts/experience appreciated though. Thanks guys