I am getting a new stainless/laminate with regular stock and now outfitting it is part of the fun. First thing up is a scope for deer hunting. Most shots probably within 50 yard, but occasionally out to 150. I like Bushnell's Rainguard feature so looking at their line-up I have some questions.

Elite 3200 series; either the 2-6x32 or 2-7x32 seems enough for my needs on so my question is, why does the 2-6 cost so much more than the 2-7? Seems like it should be the other way around.

Then just for kicks I looked at the Elite 4200 line with it's 5% more available light (95% vs 90%) and see that the 3-9x40 is only $240 on Amazon, while the 2.5-10x40 is much more. Why the big price increase for so little increase in power?

I must be missing something in each situation, what is it?

One final question: Originally, the smaller size of the 2-6 or 2-7 seemed preferable, but since the 4200 3-9 costs not much more, I am tempted to get it because longer shots are possible the more I realize the Savage with smokeless is capable of it. Also, lacking a spotting scope for range work, the 3-9 would be superior.

What do you all think?