Thread: Arken SH4 6-24X50 GEN2

Basic Member

Arken SH4 6-24X50 GEN2

Purchased one about a month and a half ago, this is the model I got; SH4 6-24X50 GEN2 FFP MOA VPR Illuminated Reticle with Zero Stop - 34mm Tube
    Just mounted the baby on my 11 VT. This is a very capable scope.

Anyone else got an Arken?

Banned
    Very capable piece of Glass. Exceptional for the money. Of course it’s not an IOR Valdada, or Nightforce, etc. And especially not a comparison to a Zero Compromise or Tangent Theta! But that would be like comparing a Toyota Camry to something like a Lamborghini. It’s that drastic of a comparison! I can’t think of any other scope better for even $500!

Basic Member
    I had issues with mine in my last prs/22 competition. It would dial up or and the zero stop caused the elevation knob to keep binding up. It's going back. My plans were to shoot PRS/22 in production class. I've chosen to stick with IOR and just run my Bergara in open.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member
    Are you getting it replaced?

Basic Member
    Yeah, I'm sending it in for a replacement, then selling it. My original intent was to shoot PRS/22 in production class. I have a spare IOR 6-24x56 that I'll shoot instead. The Bergara BXR shoots just as well as a well made bolt action rifle at 50 yards.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member
    I love my Arkens. I have 2 4-16 Gen2's, and 2 6-24 Gen2's, and I also have an older EP4 and a brand new EP5. Superb scopes for the money, and a bullet proof warranty. I have yet to have any issues with mine. Love'em!!
    [B]Savage - Arken Optics - MDT - Seekins - MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ[/B]

I have one on my Axis II Precision and like it a lot. It's a very good optic up to about 20X where things start to get a little fuzzy and darker at long ranges. I stumbled on to the Arken site on Father's day and they had a 30% off sale so I got it for $339. At the regular MSRP its a good buy, at that price its really a steal. My only complaint is the eye box is extremely tight, but on a heavy, precision rifle its not a big deal since you are usually shooting prone or at a bench. The turrets are outstanding, the increments are tactile, very audible and the zero stops are a bonus on a scope in this price range.

Banned
    That’s a Vortex in the picture

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    That’s a Vortex in the picture
    You're right! When I bought the gun, it had a Vortex Crossfire on it and I replaced it with the Arken, I'll post a recent pic.

Moar better?

\

Banned
    Much better.

Yes it is. The Vortex was a surprise. I bought the rifle on-line and picked it it up in the store and there was no mention of a scope. The first I heard it was included was when he asked me if I wanted to have it mounted and bore sighted. I told him I had another scope for it and he said to bring it in and they'd mount it and bore sight the Arken. they did a good job, it was a lot closer than I had been getting with those laser cartridges.

Banned
    The lasers are just to get it somewhere near. But I wish you had asked here first. So many here could have shown you how to do it yourself & have it perfect.

Basic Member
    So how are the Arken scopes holding up?

Banned
    I mentioned this today, so thought I’d share for those who haven’t seen it. TiborasaurusRex testing this scope.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K89ZjwJSJOs

Basic Member
    Well I ordered a 6-24 mil sh4. It arrived on Thursday but has to go back. Seems they sent me a used returned scope. It has ring marks on the tube. Went right back in the box. Waiting on a return form from them. Took 15 days to ship a in stock scope.

I am asking for my money back.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Well I ordered a 6-24 mil sh4. It arrived on Thursday but has to go back. Seems they sent me a used returned scope. It has ring marks on the tube. Went right back in the box. Waiting on a return form from them. Took 15 days to ship a in stock scope.

I am asking for my money back.
    Well that sucks. On 12/2 you asked people how they are holding up with no mention you had already ordered one. People typically ask those questions before ordering. Figured you were doing that, but it was only 8 days ago.

Where did you order from so others might keep track & be wary in the future?

Basic Member
    Straight from Arken.

Yes it was already ordered when I asked. I have seen so many good and bad things sometimes you just want to hear more. I really wanted to keep this scope. But the ring marks, and a very critical eye box are a no go for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    So how are the Arken scopes holding up?
    No issues so far. I've used it out to 950 yards with good effect. I still think the eyebox is unforgiving, especially at higher magnification. Luckily I've not had to use mine over 16X. I've looked at it out to 24 and there is definitely a degradation in image quality and overall brightness. When I think about it, I just remember it's a $350 scope. I'd like to try out the new one with HD glass on my next rifle.