I'm thinking about jumping into a thermal optic but man they are still pretty pricy to make an uneducated guess.
I know a couple of guys who are using the Bering optics Hogster "vibe" and the AGM rattler "TS30". They all seem very pleased with their choices.
I have been trying to educate myself before dropping so much cash.
It seems there are a couple of new ones coming out and the Pulsar Talion and AGM Adder have caught my attention.
Especially the AGM Adder 50 with 4x base magnification. I do have a few concerns like will 4x base magnification be too much for scanning when trying to locate feral swine at closer distances say 30-75 yards. The pulsar Talion has a near instant start up time of about 3 seconds and appears to be one of their budget options.
Another of the things that concerns me is built in batteries. I know they take external power as well but cant see spending that much on something with a battery that may fail well before the rest of the optic. Most have 3 year warranties and the Bering optics come with 4 years.
Any other pros and cons?

Does anyone else use NV or thermal on a regular basis?
I know some guys think a lot of the Sightmark Wraith which is a much more budget friendly NV option.
I'd love to know what you guys are using, have experience with or would recommend.
Thanks