Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magpul Hunter Stock for Savage 110?

Magpul Hunter Stock for Savage 110?

Does anybody have any real experience with one of these?

I know Magpul said that they're coming "early 2022," but I can't find one for sale yet.

I can find Savage rifles in Magpul Hunter stocks for sale, though, so they must be shipping, but perhaps only directly to Savage?

My old FCP-SR's stock doesn't fit me well (this is an old non-adjustable Accu-Stock), and Savage's crummy OEM mags don't feed well for me, so I'm hoping that $200 for the Magpul stock (plus mags) will fix both problems...

they said they were coming in 2019 too.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    they said they were coming in 2019 too.
    Yeah, but there are now (finally) "Savage 110 Magpul Hunter" rifles for sale, in stock, ready to ship, using that stock...

So, I'm guessing that Magpul is now (finally) producing these, but for now they're all going straight to Savage (and they're apparently all black).

I'm patient...

I'm waiting for this, too. I have the issue of having the left handed action, so I will need a stock that accommodates that. Magpul is making that promise.

Basic Member
    It took forever for the Ruger American version to come out also. But the wait was worth it. It was just supposed to be a budget rig but it turned out to be a tack-driver.

Quote Originally Posted by emerilnut View Post
    I'm waiting for this, too. I have the issue of having the left handed action, so I will need a stock that accommodates that. Magpul is making that promise.
    There's clearly a leftie version in the pictures, and it looks like maybe the stock is cut out for a bolt handle on both sides, and it's just a matter of which side is filled in.

Quote Originally Posted by deadduck357 View Post
    It took forever for the Ruger American version to come out also. But the wait was worth it. It was just supposed to be a budget rig but it turned out to be a tack-driver.
    Yeah, this has been a while coming, and now that they're shipping with complete rifles (via Savage), it seems like the stocks themselves ought to be available any moment...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post

Yeah, this has been a while coming, and now that they're shipping with complete rifles (via Savage), it seems like the stocks themselves ought to be available any moment...
    They wait much longer MDT might beat them to the market with the Oryx Field Stock. http://oryxchassis.com/copy-of-oryx-...rifle-chassis/

Basic Member
    They wait much longer MDT might beat them to the market with the Oryx Field Stock. http://oryxchassis.com/copy-of-oryx-...rifle-chassis/
    Now I like the looks of that one!

Quote Originally Posted by cknight814 View Post
    Now I like the looks of that one!

I like the Oryx stock, too, and the upfront price ($299) is spot-on, but once I spec Savage in their configurator, then the price goes to $429...

Basic Member
    I like the Oryx stock, too, and the upfront price ($299) is spot-on, but once I spec Savage in their configurator, then the price goes to $429...
    I noticed that also. While I like the Magpul hunter stocks (I have one on Ruger American and Ruger 10/22) I prefer a more vertical grip than it offers and the Oryx Field Stock looks like it gives that. If the Oryx is the only game in town for Savage the price is probably going to stay up, but if Magpul does come to market and the Oryx does as well they might be more competitively priced

Quote Originally Posted by cknight814 View Post
    I noticed that also. While I like the Magpul hunter stocks (I have one on Ruger American and Ruger 10/22) I prefer a more vertical grip...

... if Magpul does come to market...
    I have a Magpul stock on a 10/22, too, and I like it a lot — much better than the old-fashioned AccuStock on my FCP-SR.

And given that they're already shipping with complete rifles, I'm sure it's "when" and not "whether" the Magpul stock will be available.

Is it "early 2022" yet?

Impatiently...

Is it "early 2022" yet?

Impatiently...
    Right?

That MDT Oryx is now shipping... It's $420, though, instead of $275ish, and doesn't come with a magazine.

Sigh...

Basic Member
    That MDT Oryx is now shipping... It's $420, though, instead of $275ish, and doesn't come with a magazine.

Sigh...
    That's a significant jump in price. With everything happening with our economy I could see a jump from $299 to $329 but another $100 geez.

So, I see the Oryx retailing for $399. That's obviously more than MDT's "teaser" price of $299, and Magpul's MSRP of $299.

The Magpul ought to sell for less than MSRP, and comes with a mag (bonus). It looks like the LOP extensions for the MDT cost extra, but so do the Magpul cheek pieces.

So, all up, the MDT is prolly ≈$100 more than the Magpul.

Still waiting...

Still waiting...

And meanwhile Cabela's and BassPro have their own version, available right now:

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/sava...ifle-exclusive

And so does Davidson's:

https://www.americanhunter.org/conte...magpul-hunter/

Basic Member
    I too noticed those on Bass Pros website then directly went to Magpul's website to still see "coming soon"...

It's funny/weird that Magpul is running glossy full-page ads in gun magazines to promote this stock that isn't available, and doesn't seem to be coming available in the near future...

NB: Those ads say "coming this winter," which makes me wonder whether they haven't updated their copy since last year, or whether they're pushing this back 6 months.

Meanwhile, it seems like I get an e-mail from Magpul every week pushing their sunglasses and daka pouches... Sigh.

Magpul's website now says "Coming 2022."

Sigh...

January 2023,

Magpul Savage stock coming in 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    January 2023,

Magpul Savage stock coming in 2023!
    I'll believe it when I see it. IIRC these were originally supposed to come out in the spring of 2020 but then that thing happened and everyone lost their damn minds. lol
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Meanwhile, Magpul has now announced a "Hunter Lite" stock for the Axis... Really.

Still no word on when we'll actually see the Hunter stock for the 110...

Basic Member
    Meanwhile, Magpul has now announced a "Hunter Lite" stock for the Axis... Really.

Still no word on when we'll actually see the Hunter stock for the 110...
    Yeah saw that. Wonder if Magpul's manufacturing capacity isn't up to their ambition.

I got sick of waiting and just got the MDT XRS chassis. I frikking love it!

The XRS comes with two different grip panels in the box. The one installed on the chassis in the box resembles the grip angle of the Mapgul Hunter, but in 5 minutes you can swap out to the pure vertical one. Fantastic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast