Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magpul Hunter Stock for Savage 110?

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by emerilnut View Post
    I got sick of waiting and just got the MDT XRS chassis. I frikking love it!

The XRS comes with two different grip panels in the box. The one installed on the chassis in the box resembles the grip angle of the Mapgul Hunter, but in 5 minutes you can swap out to the pure vertical one. Fantastic.
    Excellent! Dropped my 10T-SR into a XRS about two years ago and couldn't be more pleased. Very good chassis/stock.

Good news: Magpul announced today that they're shipping.

Bad news: Only black or tan, and I reallllly want grey, so much so that I've already bought grey panels and cheek pieces.

Damn...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Good news: Magpul announced today that they're shipping.

Bad news: Only black or tan, and I reallllly want grey, so much so that I've already bought grey panels and cheek pieces.

Damn...
    Yeah saw this too. About time.

I just ordered the Magpul from Brownells on Wednesday and it arrived today, arrived two days earlier than they originally stated. Impressive as a weak winter storm knocked out power to a good chunk of the Detroit area on Thursday. It seems a bit heavier than the factory stock of my 12fv. So far I like it. Can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can get this out to the range and shoot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chazz1975 View Post
    I just ordered the Magpul from Brownells on Wednesday and it arrived today, arrived two days earlier than they originally stated. Impressive as a weak winter storm knocked out power to a good chunk of the Detroit area on Thursday. It seems a bit heavier than the factory stock of my 12fv. So far I like it. Can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can get this out to the range and shoot.

Pictures or it didn’t happen.

J/K….. but yeah, let’s see some pics.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chazz1975 View Post
    Congrats!
    Like Dave ^ posted, if you got a pic post it.

I just got one in for my savage 11… but stupid me didn’t realize that it technically won’t work for my 300wsm… might try a different magazine and see what happens.

Basic Member
    I am tempted to get one, though I have no need for one. I have a bunch of different high quality ADT / AICS steel mags for it if they will fit, which they should.

Local guy will order one in for $10 over cost (supposedly) - $223 shipped if I can wait till he gets enough other stuff on the order for free shipping. The source only has black.

Quote Originally Posted by geezerhood View Post
    I am tempted to get one, though I have no need for one.
    LOL.. That’s kinda like my motto.. And also about how my weekend went.

Quote Originally Posted by pdog06 View Post
    LOL.. That’s kinda like my motto..
    Ain't that the truth!

Basic Member
    Anyone else get one recently? Debating on getting one but hopefully there's some more feedback. Had anyone checked the weight? Is it as advertised?

Basic Member
    Also, will they work with both top or bottom bolt release?

Quote Originally Posted by letrbuck View Post
    Also, will they work with both top or bottom bolt release?
    I don’t know about bottom release but I know for sure it works with my top bolt release. The bottom plastic does look like you could make it work… but I would definitely ask magpul.

I was holding out for grey.

Just orded from Locked-Loaded, $199.99 plus $18.99 shipping!

More to follow...

I was able to modify the mag to work with my 300wsm… it’s not perfect and I haven’t live fired it yet, but seems to be working!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnwhunter81 View Post
    I don’t know about bottom release but I know for sure it works with my top bolt release. The bottom plastic does look like you could make it work… but I would definitely ask magpul.
    It absolutely does fit with BBR. Here is a picture from Magpul’s sight under Reviews. It’s a 110 Ultralight which is BBR. But it may need modified a bit to reach it effectively.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    I was holding out for grey.

Just orded from Locked-Loaded, $199.99 plus $18.99 shipping!

More to follow...
    Dang, that's a great price. They must've sold out quick because I couldn't find on their website

12FV 308
    Stealth Gray

I just saw a video where the stock will not fit a top bolt release action. It showed having to trip the release using an awl ir svewdriver from the trigger guard. I hope this is not the case. Certainly magpul took the top bolt release into account when they designed this.

Does anyone know if this will work with the Hog hunter model? Mine has a heavy barrel, "J" prefix serial number, and a center feed blind magazine. I really want to upgrade to the DBM. would I need to do extra work or would the magpul stock have everything needed for a plug and play kind of deal?

Thanks for the help

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ID_Kiwi22 View Post
    Does anyone know if this will work with the Hog hunter model? Mine has a heavy barrel, "J" prefix serial number, and a center feed blind magazine. I really want to upgrade to the DBM. would I need to do extra work or would the magpul stock have everything needed for a plug and play kind of deal?

Thanks for the help
    Does yours have the Top Bolt Release(TBR)? If so, yes. If you have the Bottom bolt release(BBR), the Action will fit fine, however, you’d need to modify a bit for the release. Not difficult if you know what you’re doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Does yours have the Top Bolt Release(TBR)? If so, yes. If you have the Bottom bolt release(BBR), the Action will fit fine, however, you’d need to modify a bit for the release. Not difficult if you know what you’re doing.
    I beleive it to be the TBR, on the right sight of the receiver just behind the bolt handle.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ID_Kiwi22 View Post
    I beleive it to be the TBR, on the right sight of the receiver just behind the bolt handle.
    Yessir! That’s it. You’re good. Your Barreled Action will drop right & perform well. Yes, “Plug & Play” as you put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Yessir! That’s it. You’re good. Your Barreled Action will drop right & perform well. Yes, “Plug & Play” as you put it.
    That's a absolutely wonder! I'm a Ruger guy but this particular savage caught my eye, and having never owned one before the info is invaluable

I did the same thing. 300WSM fits in mag, but you can’t get it to feed when running the bolt. I called Magpul and they said their mags do not support the 300WSM. I know someone on this forum will figure it out. I’m not ready to give up yet and have to go with a more expensive MDT XRS chassis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12