Thread: 5-Round MAG for Savage 64, A & B Rifles ??

Basic Member

Question 5-Round MAG for Savage 64, A & B Rifles ??

Hi, I'm in Canada and if you've seen current events up here, the Fed Govt is planning to Restrict all "Long Guns" to 5-rounds sometime this year. No "Definite Info" yet but this MAY include .22s, even Bolt-action. At present, .22LR/Mag semis are 'exempted' from the current 5-round semi-auto limit, but this may change due to Pressure from Gun Control Groups - "Wendys & Karens".
    This can be accommodated - in most Rifles - since 5-rnd mags are available but Rotaries are a "special case" unless manufacturers come up with a New Product for Rugers and Our Special Savages. And the 64 Stick-mag is also a problem as I've never seen a 5 for it.
    And the tentative wording may state "Permanent modification..." so a plug is probably not acceptable. And "Modified Magazines" may not fly either ??
    Anyway, I just wanted to put this out here to see if anyone is aware of any 5-rounders. I can see a market for all the 10/22s in Canada as well or some "adapter" to put a 5-round 'Anything' into the Rotary socket . . .
    Thoughts ?? Sympathy ??
    PS - This was 'Accelerated' by the Texas and Buffalo tragedies, but was a sword over our heads before these occurred. Gun Control INSTEAD of Nut-Control is the way major countries around the world are trending, if they haven't got there already. Look at your own Future - Joe's coming for you, too.

Not aware of any 5-rd options for the rotory mag guns or the model 64. As you noted, if such a law were to pass I'm sure the manufacturers or someone in the aftermarket would come out with a "legal" solution, but given the age of the Model 64 and it's antiquated design I have a feeling Savage would just drop it from the Canadian market or even all together. Also, you didn't mention if the laws language stipulated if the restriction would just be fore the sale/ownership of such magazines or if it also covers the production of said items. If the latter Savage would likely have to move the rimfire plant from Ontario to somewhere in the U.S.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain