Thread: Stevens 59A stock

Stevens 59A stock

I recently purchased a Stevens 59A in excellent mechanical condition. The stock had a recoil pad on it which was deterioated pretty badly. I took it off and then noticed how short the stock looked. I measured the LOP and found it to be a little over 10 inches. The stock was obviously "stock" and had not been cut down. I was able to find a used stock at Numrich and ordered it. It was listed as taking an "inletted" trigger guard but upon arrival, it obviously did not. While talking with the Numrich representative eariler she mentioned that they would be interested in purchasing my old parts but didn't give me specifics on how to go about this. This morning, I received an e-mail from Numrich about their purchase of used parts so I replied with a description of what I had. I just got an e-mail back to the effect that they would offer me $10, plus my shipping costs for what I listed as the stock (which is in better shape than the replacement I bought from them), the correct trigger guard for the stock and the rear guard screw. These three items are listed on their website for a total of $147.73. I politely declined their offer. So, if there is anyone on here looking these items, I will gladly give them to you as opposed to sending them back to Numrich. I have done business with Numrich for a number of years and this "offer" almost seemed offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by lasttombstone View Post
    I recently purchased a Stevens 59A in excellent mechanical condition. The stock had a recoil pad on it which was deterioated pretty badly. I took it off and then noticed how short the stock looked. I measured the LOP and found it to be a little over 10 inches. The stock was obviously "stock" and had not been cut down. I was able to find a used stock at Numrich and ordered it. It was listed as taking an "inletted" trigger guard but upon arrival, it obviously did not. While talking with the Numrich representative eariler she mentioned that they would be interested in purchasing my old parts but didn't give me specifics on how to go about this. This morning, I received an e-mail from Numrich about their purchase of used parts so I replied with a description of what I had. I just got an e-mail back to the effect that they would offer me $10, plus my shipping costs for what I listed as the stock (which is in better shape than the replacement I bought from them), the correct trigger guard for the stock and the rear guard screw. These three items are listed on their website for a total of $147.73. I politely declined their offer. So, if there is anyone on here looking these items, I will gladly give them to you as opposed to sending them back to Numrich. I have done business with Numrich for a number of years and this "offer" almost seemed offensive.
    If this offer still stands, I am interested.