Well that's how this was termed to me. I recently acquired a 110 barreled action in 30/06. I basically bought this for the action as I have little to no interest in the 06. Nothing wrong with it just has never interested me.. Somewhere out of the back of my mind during the night it occurred to me that I've always sort of wanted a .300 H&H. Never mind that I have no earthly need for one but that seems to have never stopped me before.
This project was going to have to be a low budget deal with me doing all the labor. I ideally would have like to do this on the classic '98 action but none seem to be free right now. So after some searching on several classifieds I have Brass and dies and a Dave Manson reamer on the way. The trigger is sound on this and the barrel has enough profile to it. Stocking it would be probably biggest challenge and nothing suitable popped up. Boyd's didn't really have what I was looking for so I went to Richard's Micro to see what was offered. The African Classic looks pretty close to what I wanted so that is likely going to be the choice in a rather plain walnut. It will add a lot more work to the stock but it ain't my first rodeo and I'm retired and have what I need to do all the woodwork. Since my eye sight ain't what it once was I'm going to forego open sight and go with a scope.
I've only recently joined this forum but have enjoyed lurking and following some threads. I see lots of good information and what appears to be some fine folks. My kinda place. I'm looking forward to being part of this group.

You are only limited by your imagination.