I was wondering how fast and how quiet (contradictatory I know) a 22 cal lead pellet would be, when shot out of a 223 barrel, using ONLY a #209 primer?

Let me state right off that I know a 209 doesn't fit in a 223 case, and that would be some of the idea, but am thinking if I could match the velocities and energy of the PCP air rifles (22cal pellet at 100-1200fps). The little lead pellet would be devastating and fairly quiet, I think, on the intended target, ground squirrels under 50yds.

I do not like the spring rifles and the CO2 rifles aren't fast enough, and the PCP rifles are too expensive.

I also realize this would NOT be considered an air rifle, it would still be a firearm with all the restrictions, but would be a LOT cheaper to shoot.

Would the 209 push it out the barrel hot enough? I have no idea how much oomph the 209 primers have. I am NOT interested in trying any powders in this setup. It would most likely melt the little pellet before it left the barrel, plus I am not interested in that kind of velocity.