Thread: Looking for a little advice

pikergolf

Looking for a little advice

Hi, I am a lefty looking for a multi purpose rifle. Coyotes, ground squirrel and target to 300 yds. Am very interested in 10 FLCP-K
    in .223 except that I am very noise sensitive. I don't understand why they would put a muzzle brake on a .223, but anyway, my question is is it removable and how long is the barrel with the brake removed. thanks for reading. Denis from Canada

ellobo

Re: Looking for a little advice

A simple solution to the noise problem is ear plugs (the scrunch up foam type) and ear muffs over them. A muzzle brake just makes it louder to the shooter.

El Lobo

Captain Finlander

The 223 doesn't make that big a pop to begin with but +1 on ear plugs regardless of muzzle brake. Take a look at the 10 fp tactical. 20" heavy, barrel no break. It is essentially the same thing.

Basic Member

300 whisper with a can
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

pikergolf

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Finlander
    The 223 doesn't make that big a pop to begin with but +1 on ear plugs regardless of muzzle brake. Take a look at the 10 fp tactical. 20" heavy, barrel no break. It is essentially the same thing.
    So would the 223 with the brake be as loud or louder than my 243 without a brake? Being left handed I would prefer a left bolt.

Captain Finlander

Quote Originally Posted by pikergolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Finlander
    So would the 223 with the brake be as loud or louder than my 243 without a brake? Being left handed I would prefer a left bolt.
    My point was to refer you to a rifle w/o a break and to always wear hearing protection. If you have an aversion to noise don't consider a model with a break on it, your just paying for something you don't want.