Thread: Savage 110 Hog Hunter in 308 - Yet Another Question About Stock Replacement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Savage 110 Hog Hunter in 308 - Yet Another Question About Stock Replacement

Hi everyone,

I have 2021 HH model with BDM and Bottom Bolt Release in 308 cal. and looking to replace OEM plastic stock either with wood/laminate stock or an affordable chassis system. There are several recent threads starting with the same question, but none have the answers I am looking for.

I found pictures using Google that confirmed HH fit for two options that I am considering below.

1) Boyds At-One stock (preferred)

If anyone knows this configuration and can confirm selections from Boyd's stock selector (or recommend others), please advise:

Savage / 10 Bottom Bolt Release / Short Action, Detachable Magazine, Bull Barrell

I contacted Boyd's sales, but I am not getting a confirmation from them even after providing the measurements they asked for.

2) Oryx chassis by MDT

This option is more expensive than the rifle itself, but if I don't get a confirmation on option #1 this is the likely choice

Thanks

Basic Member
    Yes, I posted it on another thread.

Yesterday, I contacted Tech Sales at OP, and someone named Tom replied that it will not fit my Hog Hunter. My guess, due to the bottom bolt release.

Huh, Hunter told me any of them should work, and I tried to confirm as best as I could on my own by watching the only video of it (the daily shooter) and confirming there's a slot cutout where you can use a small tool to actuate the bolt release.

Guess we're going to have to wait for a(nother) guinnea pig then.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoliver View Post
    Huh, Hunter told me any of them should work, and I tried to confirm as best as I could on my own by watching the only video of it (the daily shooter) and confirming there's a slot cutout where you can use a small tool to actuate the bolt release.

Guess we're going to have to wait for a(nother) guinnea pig then.
    In my email, I attached this image from Cadex Defense configuration dated back to 2014 that I think has been adopted by others including MDT.

The irony is that I actually prefer the bottom bolt release, didn't realize it could limit aftermarket options. But I'm also pretty pleased with the accufit stock to begin with (beats hogue overmold IMO) so I've only looked into chassis out of curiosity so far.

I will see myself out of the conversation at this point as I'm probably on the verge of misleading information through lack of familiarity and should stay in my own lane.

I hope you get definitive answers to help you make your decision!

Banned
    I’m thinking whoever you spoke with was confused. If it doesn’t support the Bottom Bolt Release, why does it have a milled slot just like the Oryx has, in the exact spot the Oryx has the slot?

I honestly think the Trybe is a solid player.