Thread: Just a heads up

Just a heads up

Just wanted to let everyone know my time here on the forum is going to be very limited in the coming weeks/months. My mom has been battling colon cancer the past two and a half years and earlier this week we got the inevitable bad news that there's no more they can do for her so she's been put into hospice care with an estimated time line of 2 weeks to 2 months. We're hoping to keep her at home as long as possible so naturally all my focus is going to be on taking care of her and keeping her as comfortable as possible.

As far as the site and forum goes, Phil (PhilC) is here to moderate and Greg (Blue Avenger) has graciously volunteered to put the moderator hat back on to help out as well. As such, if you see anything that needs addressed you can bring it to their attention via PM. I'll try my best to keep up with emails and such on a daily basis for those needing username/password/registration help, but as time goes on and her condition declines it may end up being a day or two before you hear back from me on those issues.

Anyone who's ever been through this with a close friend or family member knows that emotionally it's a mixed bag as the news hits you as both a compassionate blessing and a loss. The loss part is pretty obvious and needs no explanation, but it's also a blessing in knowing that all the pain and suffering they have been enduring over the course of their fight will soon be over.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Team Savage
    "The loss part is pretty obvious and needs no explanation, but it's also a blessing in knowing that all the pain and suffering they have been enduring over the course of their fight will soon be over"

That's the only good part about suffering. Prayers for YOU and your Family.
    Been there, done that and wouldn't wish the experience on ANYONE.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Basic Member
    You and your family will be in my prayers. I can empathize as many others can as well, having lost grandparents to cancer, and my dad to parkinson's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nor Cal Mikie View Post
    "The loss part is pretty obvious and needs no explanation, but it's also a blessing in knowing that all the pain and suffering they have been enduring over the course of their fight will soon be over"

That's the only good part about suffering. Prayers for YOU and your Family.
    Been there, done that and wouldn't wish the experience on ANYONE.
    Thanks Mike. Not my first rodeo going through this as we lost my grandpa to stomach cancer in 1999, my cousin Dennis who used to help out here on the site (1950Willys) in 2008 to colon cancer, and my uncle to brain cancer in 2012.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    That’s brutal dude. Remember to take some time for yourself while this is going on. This place will still be here. We will be pulling for you.

Banned
    I’m so sorry Jim. Yes, pain of loss is terrible. The situation of hospice is a blessing in disguise for us though. It gives us opportunity to say goodby, but it’s like walking on egg shells with the not knowing. There just never is enough time. I lost my father recently, summer of 2020. He was taken to ER and they knew it was an artery in his his abdomen that had previously been repaired with a stent..TWICE. But it was still leaking and the doctor told us that they could do no more. My dad made the choice himself & was put on Hospice immediately. He passed early the next morning. In 2008, my wife & I lost our 2yo daughter Annaliese. She became sick, but seemed to be getting better the next day. 3 days after first becoming ill, she had a seizure & passed away in my arms.

There never is enough time. Praying for you & your family Jim & we are here thinking of your family.

Basic Member
    Jim,

I'm really sorry to hear about this horrible news. My grandmother battled cancer and unfortunately lost, so I have some inclination of what you're going through. Take care of yourself and your family; we'll be fine until you are able to come back.

David

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Team Savage
    prayer for you.been there done that.lost my dad to cancer

Basic Member
    Sorry to here about your mother, I will pray for you, kids know what you're going through, lost my daughter to colon cancer last September.
    42 years old,cancer is a ruthless enemy.
    Handi204