Thread: 110 Ultralite stock issue, reveals itself as a trigger issue.

110 Ultralite stock issue, reveals itself as a trigger issue.

Hello all. New member here, posting this to maybe help someone avoid the aggravation that I had with my new Ultralite. So I purchased a new Ultralite chambered in 28 Nosler. Out of the box the trigger would not work. I did a bunch of reading and tried to increase the weight of pull, close the bolt gingerly and about everything else that I read to no avail. I thought, It must be a bad trigger. I ordered a Timney replacement and it did the same thing. I called Savage and the nice lady said to send it back to them... REALLY? I thought, OK I might have to do that. I got to thinking about what could be causing the issue. I started looking at the fit of the trigger in the stock. I noticed a rub spot on the stock and it appeared to be the bolt release lever was hitting the stock. I went to the garage and grabbed a file and filed a few hundreds off the edge that was contacting the bolt release lever. I reassembled the gun, making sure to tap the but on the floor before torquing the action bolts. Problem solved! Here is a picture of the area that I filed down. I colored the area with a sharpie so that you can see exactly where.

Here is the photo.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Banned
    Great job my friend! I am a such a fan of people DOING! A lot would simply shrug it off with Ann”Oh Well”, spend the money for shipping & WAIT the months of time to get it back. But you actually took a look. You saw something which didn’t seem right, VERIFIED it to be the problem and decided it was within your means to repair. Good stuff brother!