I haven't done a rifle project in a little while so I figured I'd dig the old 116 lefty weather warrior in .300RUM out of the back of the safe and tinker a bit. I'm pretty sure they didn't make but a hand full of these rifles chambered for those pesky garden rhinoceros's .
She's been in there quite a while ever since she separated my ribs from my sternum after an extended range session. That and her habit of turning whitetail deer into leather bags full of something resembling melted grape jelly from head to tail.

I found an aftermarket Choate tactical in stock with a full bedding block that should fit the old gal, and figured I'd better order it before everyone discontinues the old flat back and stagger feed stuff.
I never really had a problem with the old dual pillar bedded factory synthetic stocks except with long heavy barrels and love to tinker and improve the factory stuff when I'm able, but this one has a pretty long magnum contour along with a pretty hefty recoil. The trigger has already been done, the bases are still on her and I seem to remember pretty good accuracy which hopefully will improve with a more rigid stock.
I also have a Burris E1 in 6.5-20x50 just sitting that the ballistic reticle should match up well to a 180gr .300RUM load. Pretty sure this one will test the warranty. The US made Burris FF2 with ballistic plex that was on it before worked just fine.
I already have dies brass bullets and powder for her and nearly 2 decades in the safe is probably long enough.

I think with my current budget restraints and the cost of new stuff it's time to scratch the odds and ends back together and give her another whirl.
You can bet I wont be benching multiple boxes of ammo on the same day anymore and If I can find the right data, H4895 or another suitable reduced load will probably be my go to instead of huge quantity's of RL22, IMR 4350 and Retumbo or trying to friction melt 125gr bullets on their way to a target LOL.
Heck, If I can slow it down enough, I just may shoot another deer with her and hopefully there will be something left to eat this time.
We'll see how this budget build blast from the past turns out.