Thread: Woox Furiosa for Savage 110 SA

Woox Furiosa for Savage 110 SA

Hey, everyone... this is my second or third post.

I left a reply in a thread about a Woox Wildman stock from August of this year asking the OP about his bottom metal, in the hopes it might help me with my issue with the Woox Furiosa, which I had assumed likely used the same bottom metal inlet.

I don't know if it does or not. BUT!

The current version of the Woox Furiosa supports only the Savage 110 proprietary bottom metal and mags, not the part from Accurate-Mag. I have tried to reach out to just about all of the other bottom-metal makers (except for PTG because I didn't get there yet, and CDI for obvious reasons) without a lot of luck. It was the response from Philip @ Accurate-Mag that clued me in that the inlets aren't even remotely compatible. Inletting either the bottom metal or the stock will be an exercise in personal property destruction, as both parts are anodized aluminum. I could not verify if there were any manufacturers making an AICS mag well that fit the "factory" inlet. Two didn't respond, so I can't say whether they do or not. So no AICS for us Savage folk with this stock for now.

However, after talking with Kendall over at Woox, he said that they are coming out with an AICS-compatible version for the Savage 110 SA in a couple of months. I guess this solves my problem! I was hoping to open this box from under the tree so that daddy will have a little something from Santa to make the small child happy that everyone gets to open things, but it looks like I'll be opening an envelop with an IOU from Santa

I guess those of us who have factory Accurate-Mag bottoms like my 110 Tactical are getting a little love. I figured we'd all like to share in it.

--G
    Last edited by gc_gc; 11-07-2021 at 05:39 PM. Reason: typo

Banned
    Sucks. Why a company advertising "hardwood like" Chassis WITHOUT AICS compatibility, is truly beyond me.

+1

Yesterday I went down there in person and we had this very conversation.

The decision was made to support the factory mags as a first shot across the bow. The stock will accept them without any additional parts, it takes them natively. After all, in my email conversation with Accurate-Mag, they now only make the AICS bottom metal for factory use on 8 models of the 110. In early January (provided nothing goes wrong because, as you know, real world and such), Woox will be releasing the AICS version.

While down there they gave me a quick look at the warehouse, and I got a sneaker peaker at something they've got in the works (it's a gorgeous new wood option). When I see that they have released the AICS version on the website, they offered me a few different options - I chose to hop on back down there and they will exchange my center section for me. They even said I could shoot it as-is with the factory mags if I had any and they would still do the exchange.

To be honest, they were pretty cool about explaining how it works and why they made the decision they did. They agreed that the AICS metal was an important option; they just hadn't got there yet. I wish I had brought my parts in to test against their prototype but I didn't think of it.

I think they are doing pretty well with the customer service and we just need to give them time. We'll have some more beautiful stock options for our 110s in pretty short order.

Hi G , I just ran across this post buried in the internet right after I bought a 110 tactical with AICS Magpul mag and ordered a Woox Furiosa because every website says it worked with factory DBM. I reached out to Woox but no response yet. Did you every get anymore information from them or other manufacturers of DBM bottom metals to make it work?

As we've covered here before, Savage's AICS bottom metal differs significantly from the standard bottom metal in terms of the inlet required. The AICS bottom metal in present state can only be used on rifles that feature the AccuStock and accompanying shorter recoil lug that coincides with it. This is because the inlet for the AICS bottom metal is flat and deeper than the standard bottom metal and if you try to inlet a stock for both a standard (long) recoil lug and the AICS bottom metal the two pockets will intersect creating a weak point in the stock.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

I've been out of the loop for a little while but now I see this.

They said the new center metal section would be out in mid-January, which has come and gone. I have not contacted them again, but they also list their LH in Savage long or short actions as coming out in 2021.. which has come and gone.

When I get a chance and get some time at work, I am going to ask for a 3D model of the center section so that I may be able to model and machine an AICS insert that would bolt up to the existing center section. The Magpul magazines absolutely swim in the existing pocket, which is engineered to directly accept the Savage proprietary magazines. I have no doubt there is more than enough room for a strong bottom metal.

All of which I gave to my brother because *MY* 110 took AICS from the factory. Go figure.