Thread: Trigger comparisons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Trigger comparisons

Hi all, long time lurker on the site but haven't posted much. Looking into aftermarket triggers and I want to hear from folks that have used multiple aftermarket options. Still happy to hear if you've used Trigger X and how it compares to accutrigger, but really want to compare the different aftermarket options. Looking hard into the ELF trigger, but want to know how it compares to Jard, Timney, Rifle Basix, sharp shooter supply, others?

Thanks!

Having used factory and modified factory triggers, SavII, Timney, and SSS triggers i still prefer the SSS. Fortunately I have several some still in the package. The Sav II is good if you are patient. Out of all the factory style triggers the Red blade Accutrigger shimmed is a favorite due to the safety aspect for most people. My next purchase would be a Jard and then an Elfman. I believe trigger makers should provide a sear with their triggers so people that do not know what they are doing don't get stupid and mess them up.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned
    Yes, I’m actually perplexed why Jard has been the ONLY Savage trigger to include a Sear. That is the problem with every Savage aftermarket trigger except the Jard. No matter which is used, still must rely on the stock sear. I’m still forever a fan of a worked Accutrigger. If a company would produce a Jard like trigger, but with Safe Action, that would be my dream trigger. Maybe I’ll take on another project and fabricate one like that in through hardened steel instead of the case hardening used.

Team Savage
    Dave you build one like that and I will be your first customer!! As for the question I have used timney,rifle basix, and finally the jard. All are an improvement over the factory offerings in my opinion. I like the jard the best due to the things already mentioned

.223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Basic Member
    I have SharpShooterSupply triggers on all my Savages. Really like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    SSS triggers i still prefer the SSS. Fortunately I have several some still in the package
    They were my favorite as well, I wish I would have bought more. BBR screwed us out of a great trigger.

Basic Member
    Shot a 1.5oz Jewell in short range BR. Kelblys Stolle Panda action though.

Banned
    1.5oz? Never heard of a trigger that light. Doesn’t really seem mechanically possible. But, ok.

Basic Member
    They're out there. Benchrest thing, mostly. Arnold Jewell was known for his light triggers.

Basic Member
    Dave, You need to broaden Your horizon. We are competing against Bix & Andy triggers, some breaking at 1/3 ounce, putting Savages at a huge disadvantage. There is a blip on YouTube where a guy causes a trigger to break by blowing on it. If I continue in Bench Rest, I will have to upgrade to an action that supports one of these precision triggers.

Banned
    LOL.. I think my “horizon broadness” is doing just fine, LOL! Looking high & low, the lightest I’ve ever seen is like 3oz. And I’m pretty much of the opinion, if it ain’t on video, it probably doesn’t exist. A THIRD of an ounce? Uhh, ok. Show me the video & I’ll believe it hands down, LOL! Just I know weight retry well. When you say below One ounce, that is just ridiculous.