Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safety Selector Switch

Basic Member

Hey Chisel,

I had 10 mph crosswind left to right, but settled on 25 lb torque setting for action screws. Crappy Remington Thunderbolt is what I had on hand, but I still shoot decent groups with it.

Going to inspect both the chamber and crown as well for defects in case because rifle has consistently shot around roughly around .375 or better.

Basic Member
    That looks pretty good for cheap ammo. 25 seems to be your ticket. I personally would count that flyer, and use the 1.5". You obviously can shoot, so I doubt that flyer is you. Rifle just doesn't like 30 pounds with thunderbolts. Boy, yours a way more sensitive to torque than my Mark 2 G is now. My G use to be more sensitive before I did all the bedding and pillars. I've got a brand new Mark 2 TR I need to get out and do the same thing. If I'm not mistaken, Savage uses a Boyds on the TR.

Were you using rest or bipod?
    Stupid is a disease with a cure.

Basic Member
    I viewed an interesting video about buying ammo by the lot, which makes sense. May try that with a few of the brands that this particular barrel favors (Norma TAC22 to start, haven't tried Lapua or Eley).

I think it's a Boyds too for the TR. As you can see, I used PlayDoh before fumbling around with AcraGlas to see the action's biggest impact in the stock. Here's mine and yes, shots were made with bipod and rear bag today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12