Thread: Making a 110 long action stock for stagger feed fit center feed

Basic Member

Making a 110 long action stock for stagger feed fit center feed

Hi, I have a savage model 110 with accutrigger in .270. I have been interested in trading out the stock for a nicer looking one, but most of the ones I have run into are for the stagger-feed model where the mag is attached to the action. On my rifle, the magazine remains in the stock when the barrel/action is removed. What all is involved in making a stock for the stagger feed action fit my rifle? I would imagine this has been done many many times, and there are probably articles somewhere about it. Any help you guys have would be great. Oh, and Happy thanksgiving!

Re: Making a 110 long action stock for stagger feed fit center feed

Not really hard to do at all.First you need to remove a little material for the "L" clip and then glue in small piece of wood in front of and to the sides of the mag well to hold the mag firmly.All in all it takes maybe a 1/2 hour.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

Basic Member

The action bolt spacing is different. I would keep looking for the right stock. SSS and Stockade Guns both make good stocks. The VLP stocks are nice. What is the intended purpose of the rifle?

hailstone

Long actions bolt spacing is same whether stagger or center feed unless real old action. Short actions the bolt spacing changed from stagger feed of 4.25" to center feed of 4.4". When I converted one to center feed only added wood block too front of stock magazine cutout. Haven't found it necessary too add anything on the sides. Small amount of wood relief needed for rear "L" clip.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by rfurman24
    The action bolt spacing is different. I would keep looking for the right stock. SSS and Stockade Guns both make good stocks. The VLP stocks are nice. What is the intended purpose of the rifle?
    Primarily for hunting. I bought it at a good price used to try it out, and it is much more accurate than I anticipated it to be. I want to use it as my primary deer rifle, and would like to add a nicer classic styled walnut stock to it. It has the standard wood stock on it now.