Thread: So What Is this New 110 Pistol ? It's Not A Striker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

So What Is this New 110 Pistol ? It's Not A Striker

I thought my Strikers were ugly! A 110 model indicates a long action in their rifles.

The mag is going to be in the way and why a 10" barrel? Appears there is a barrel nut so barrel change would be a snap if they are small shank all the better. And wonder if a short 110 factory mag will work?

Maybe the actions will be available with a Savage dealer/rep through the custom shop at the factory?

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/sa...action-pistol/

you could use the bolt release to measure scale.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Basic Member
    Savage has done weird things with model numbers. the 110 while seems like it should be a long action, there are indeed short action 110’s. Look at the 110 Tactical rifles in 6mm ARC, 6.5 Creedmoor, etc…

the 110 PCS is a short action rear grip striker with accu-trigger, left hand bolt right eject in a chassis. They use AICS magazines. It seems purely setup to be paired with an arm brace like many other manufacturers have done. I hate arm braces, and an arm brace on this type of pistol isn’t what I would want but if that brings more pistols to the market then that’s a good thing. Bolt action pistols are a very small niche market, no matter if your a hunter, or a accuracy shooter, or a tactical Timmy…having options is a good thing for all of us. I get it, chassis guns aren’t for everyone. Some think they’re ugly but they also can and do perform. I’ve got a chassis setup that’s a great shooter. I’m just super thrilled and happy with have another pistol on the market.

Basic Member
    Is there a shorter, (fewer rounds), mag that would work? These are indeed uglier than the old striker, and that's hard to achieve. How will the muzzle blast be from a 10.5" barrel, it's bad enough with my factory .223 9 twist 16" striker.

The impulse action might have been a gooder option.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Appleseed View Post
    Is there a shorter, (fewer rounds), mag that would work? These are indeed uglier than the old striker, and that's hard to achieve. How will the muzzle blast be from a 10.5" barrel, it's bad enough with my factory .223 9 twist 16" striker.
    They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I kinda like the looks of it. But I liked the looks of the original Strikers as well.

There are definitely 3rd and 5rd AICS mags available that will be shorter, 3rd are usually flush with the bottom of the mag well.

Now in 6.5 and .308, a 10” barrel muzzle blast will be bad and unpleasant. Those barrel lengths needed to be longer. On the .223, .300 BLK, & .350 legend it won’t be so bad though. I’ve shot many of 10.5” AR’s in .223. I’ve even got a 10” .223 TC contender barrel. Yeah it’s not optimum but usable. I’m most interested in one of these new ones in .350 Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by cknight814 View Post
    I’ve even got a 10” .223 TC contender barrel.
    had a 10" vv .223 contender bbl, should not have sold it. 1"@2oo yds with 35gr lead free.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    So is the PCS vaporware or real? No one has any caliber in stock.
    Pretty sure that Savage makes most of their production based off of the orders they receive. So these suppliers would have to order them, and for a small market item some suppliers might overlook them for other models they feel will move faster.
    Could be why when our local shops try to find them they can’t.?

I’ve asked all my local shops and they said their suppliers do not have them in stock, but I did get to fondle one at the Harrisburg Outdoor Show(Savage has a stand there with all their 2023 lineup!). I thought they were pretty nice, but like most I agree it should have a longer barrel.