Thread: Oryx Chassis

Marqee

Oryx Chassis

Has anyone purchased and ORYX Chassis for their SA 110? Is it worth it? Is it too heavy for a field rifle? Did it help improve on a relatively already accurate rifle? Thanks.

Basic Member
    Yes to all three questions.

I have two Oryx stocks, one on a 12 FV .223 and one on a 12 FV 6.5mm CM.
    Other than an AICS detachable mag replacing the stock FV hidden mags:
    For the 6.5 CM, it eliminated the stock flex and improved accuracy although the AICS mag eliminated some of the available length for seating depth. (pick a mag that has the most available length.)
    For the .223, the stock flex was minimal to begin with, but it improved accuracy anyway. It also provided even more length for seating depth with the AICS mag and eliminated my problems with loading long seating depth rounds into the hidden mag. Just not enough space in front of the spacer-equipped bolt and hidden mag for my old fingers.

The Oryx stock is heavy, probably too heavy for carrying around in the field and heavy for off-hand shooting, unless you are very strong and fit. If you hunt from a blind or tree stand, it probably would be OK other than carrying it to the blind.

One caution, there is no 'drop' in the stock.
    The aluminum bar that forms the top of the stock is much like the recoil tube on an AR.
    For me it required higher rings than the factory stock.
    However, for me, the fit was great and comfortable for the bench target shooting that I do.

I have documented the improvements for different bullet weights and powders in before and after accuracy for a 12 FV 6.5mm Creedmoor and 12 FV .223 on two rather long threads - one on this forum and the other on the Ammo and Reloading forum.

Basic Member
    ^^And a very hearty THANK You for Your efforts! And MERRY CHRISTMAS! ^^

I'm using one to build on as a bench gun for the 2022 UBR season. It will heavy,
    extremely stiff. and did I mention heavy ??
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

Marqee
    Thanks. I can pick one up cheaply for the rifle. Someone bought it and doesn't like it. I handled it on his rifle and like it after adjusting the cheek interface and he already has the knobs. He has one a Remington 783 also and I like how they feel. Heavy? Yes and no. Shouldering it would be a tough one all day but I like the weight.....I think it will absorb the recoil a bit. Wish they had better butt pads. I think I will buy both from him. I have a Remy 783 that shoots well too. Off we go! Thanks for the opinions.