Thread: Jard trigger

Jard trigger

Anyone have a Jard trigger in an Axis? I’ve got a rifle basix in mine, but am not able to get it any lower than 1.5 lbs. I’ve got it at 2.0 lbs now to be a little on the safe side. I think this Jard trigger might be the ticket, as the TriggerTechs and Jewells of the world don’t do Savages. Jard’s got an 11oz, 14oz, 16oz, and 20oz. All things being equal, i’d go with the lightest, but any reason why a heavier model might be better? Maybe there’s a trade off between pull weight and crispness/mushiness/creed?

When reading their claims one gets the idea that their trigger upgrades the Axis to the quality that is closer to being a rifle worthy of appreciation. I'm interested to hear comments about it also.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Anyone have experience with the Jard trigger in the Axis? I’ve heard some good things but also some complainants about creep, trouble with the safety, etc. would love to hear from anyone who’s had some experience with the Jard.

Basic Member
    I find it funny that the Jard instructions show putting an 11oz trigger on a hunting rifle. Out of curiosity, what are you trying to turn your Axis into?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axisfanboy View Post
    I’ve heard some good things but also some complainants about creep, trouble with the safety, etc.
    That right there would be enough for me to steer clear of it. The Rifle Basix works well for me in a hunting rifle.

I don’t use my axis for hunting, I’m hoping tobturn it into a precision rig. It currently sits in a Boyd’s stock. I’m hoping to rebarrel with a Krieger in 6mm soon. I’ve got a rifle basix in now but I can’t get the pull weight safely lower than 2lbs. They’ve got a bunch of light triggers compatible with Remington 700, what’s wrong with someone making an 11oz trigger for a savage?

anyone have experience with a Jard in a Savage?

Basic Member
    I don’t use my axis for hunting, I’m hoping tobturn it into a precision rig. It currently sits in a Boyd’s stock. I’m hoping to rebarrel with a Krieger in 6mm soon. I’ve got a rifle basix in now but I can’t get the pull weight safely lower than 2lbs. They’ve got a bunch of light triggers compatible with Remington 700, what’s wrong with someone making an 11oz trigger for a savage?

anyone have experience with a Jard in a Savage?
    You might try the varmint trigger for a 110. In the 110s I think they say it goes to 1 1/2# but I put one in my Axis and it is lower than that. I don't have anything extremely precision to measure it but it measures about #1 with my measuing device. It is pretty light and it seems to be safe at that setting. It would be much cheaper than a complete new aftermarket trigger

Basic Member
    Anyone have a Jard trigger in an Axis? I’ve got a rifle basix in mine, but am not able to get it any lower than 1.5 lbs. I’ve got it at 2.0 lbs now to be a little on the safe side. I think this Jard trigger might be the ticket, as the TriggerTechs and Jewells of the world don’t do Savages. Jard’s got an 11oz, 14oz, 16oz, and 20oz. All things being equal, i’d go with the lightest, but any reason why a heavier model might be better? Maybe there’s a trade off between pull weight and crispness/mushiness/creed?
    You could do what I did with the new Jard Savage 10/110 trigger. I couldn’t wait any longer for someone else to try it, so I was one of the initial guineh pigs. I tried everything to make it work as advertised, I have $285 invested in it, and it is in a box on a closet shelf. I take no pleasure in reporting this, because I really wanted it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by GrenGuy View Post
    You could do what I did with the new Jard Savage 10/110 trigger. I couldn’t wait any longer for someone else to try it, so I was one of the initial guineh pigs. I tried everything to make it work as advertised, I have $285 invested in it, and it is in a box on a closet shelf. I take no pleasure in reporting this, because I really wanted it to work.
    Thanks for the input. Quick follow up question, can I ask what year you got your Jard? I wonder if they’ve improved their quality a bit over the past year or two since they first introduced their Savage triggers.

Basic Member
    Thanks for the input. Quick follow up question, can I ask what year you got your Jard? I wonder if they’ve improved their quality a bit over the past year or two since they first introduced their Savage triggers.
    I got the trigger in November of 2019. I was among the first to purchase. Mine was for the 10/110, so the one for the Axis, which was designed later, may not have the same issues. Two other shooters, whose opinions I respect, have tried and returned these triggers.

To be as fair as possible, these triggers could be acceptable for different applications than I bought it for. Some may find it acceptable on a hunting rifle. I hope the Jard Trigger for the Axis is a success.

I’m following the rumor that Trigger Tech is developing one for Savages. If it happens, I’ll probably try it. I may even give Trigger Tech a call today.

For now, My best solution is the Rifle Basics SavageII. It takes a good bit of time and effort to get it set up.