Thread: I got good un

I got good un

I recently got a great deal on a 110fp in 25-06 with the accutrigger. It had been sitting on the shelf at a local dealer for nearly a decade so he was motivated to move it. I had been eyeing it since he put it on the shelf but just never got around to buying it. I went in and worked a trade on some mil sup ammo I had acquired in trade. I took my new stick to the range yesterday and wow what a tack driving piece of hardware. Factory 100gr coreloct was going into groups you could cover with a dime while breaking it in and cleaning between every shot. I adjusted the scope (elite 3200) for 2" high at 100 and switched to 120gr coreloct. It dropped em all dead center bull. I have tweaked all my rifles except a 116flcsak (trigger job only) that is also stupid accurate. I dont think I'll be tinkering with this one at all :)
    BHJ
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

hailstone

Re: I got good un

Congratulations on the find!! Sometimes one walks into those deals through no fault of your own. Had a few come my way with this economy. Never had a rifle in that caliber although done several builds this fall in 250 Savage and 257 Roberts. Seldom see take off barrels in that caliber up for sale.

Ah, the 257 Bob. Nice round that I've had a hankering to play with, especially in AI.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Few years ago Precision Shooting magazine did an article on the 257AI and Vihtavouri powders. I was amazed at the accuracy and the velocity with the AI.

Glad you got the 25-06. I wouldn't touch it if it shoots factory that good!

I'd love to try the Vihtavouri but only one shop in the area carries it and they want $36/lb!
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

hailstone

Unless VV has recently changed there packaging many of there powders were "two pound containers". Bought cases of VV powder at a gun store auction some years back. Only one other bidder knew they were two pound bottles. Did we get some bargins that day!! Price would get up to cost of one pound container and all other bidders stopped. Afterwards when the other bidders found out they were pissed. We virtually got the second pound for pennys.

Basic Member

i have the same gun and it to loves factory 100gr corlokts, shoots one ragged hole at 100 yds. i load my own bullets and i have found nothing that it doesnt shoot well. never had a gun like it. i zeroed the rifle with the remmy 100gr factory stuff and when i worked up a load i didnt even have to move my scope. loaded 100gr nosler bt over 54gr of imr4831 and shot another ragged hole at 100 yds. but get this...i can alternate my loads and factory loads one shot behind the other and shoot 6 holes that i can cover with a quarter at 100yds. never seen a gun do this before, love this gun!