Thread: Need your help.

Need your help.

I have an old model savage 110 I picked up dirt cheap to do a build on a couple years ago. This is my first savage build. Got the barrel in last week and took the original action and barrel off the stock. Here's my dilemma.... The lug is part of the action. Yup. All one piece and not removable like I expected it to be. I had already purchased a new trued lug and barrel nut expecting to replace it. So, I spun the new barrel on I ordered and fit with go and no/go gauges. Now comes my second problem. I had ordered a long action Oryx chassis for this about a year ago planning on doing this build. The chassis bolts up fine, bolt fits great, everything fits great except the magazine. Started looking and the magazine chamber is about half an inch off from lining up with the action versus the chassis. I can send pics to anyone that has an idea what's going on or what I'm doing wrong.

So. Did I get a poorly cut chassis on top of the lug/action combo or was this something that was done in the past. I couldn't find info on it anywhere so I'm bringing it to the experts here to guide me.

I initially was going to switch this from a 30-06 to 300 win mag and ordered a new bolt face but the original bolt face has a notch cut in it where it slides into the bolt so the new bolt face doesn't fit either which is why I ordered a 30-06 barrel and decided to go that route. Now here I sit wondering what kind of Frankenstein I've got on my hands??

Just finished a Bighorn build last week and wondering if I shouldn't just sell this and go that route again. I've got a little money wrapped up in this and was really curious to see what kind of accuracy it would produce.

Sorry if this is all over the place. I'm using my phone and about to drive for the next 5 hours.
    Thank you for any and all help!!

Basic Member
    It seems that you bought one of the Savage cast receiver's. Does it have scope mounts made /welded to the top?
    These were Staggered feed action's, and that is the reason your chassis mag well doesn't line up.

IMO, I'd put everything back together as it was, and sell the rifle. Then buy a new Center feed action from Northland Shooters Supply. It will save you a lot of time, money and headaches!

Banned
    Oh WOW! That's exactly what you have! https://www.savageshooters.com/conte...They-Do-Exist!

Yeah, from a custom build standpoint, you're better off selling as is & going the standard Steel 110 route. But from a Savage collecting standpoint, you have a very rare piece indeed. The article I posted even touched on the perceved notion that NO Integral Lug Cast receivers were ever issued to the public. So, you may very well have a SINGLE specemin if it's kind. Pretty cool.

Wow is right!! Thank you very much. Reading through the article and looking at the pictures, this is exactly what I have to include the scope mounts made/welded to the top of the action. Think I'll put it all back together and keep it as a safe queen until I find someone interested in it. Thank you both very much for the help!!