Thread: Axis II precision multiple issues with new rifle out of the box!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Axis II precision multiple issues with new rifle out of the box!

Hello, I browsed a bit and did not see another thread on the precision line of the Axis rifles, so forgive me if this is in the wrong spot.
    I picked up this rifle this last weekend and mounted my Millet TRS for a quick sight in to see what it could do at 100 meters.
    This rifle comes with a modular MDT stock that is very non traditional and has some cool features. The cheek rest is adjustable and the stock length of pull has "quick change" 1/4" spaces to adjust. These spacers are the first issue I encountered, I am not tall (5'8") and wanted to remove all the spacers, when I was reassembling I found the screws would bottom out in the stock. I had to replace two of the four spacers to get the screws to not bottom out! When I called Savage they watched a video that showed only two spacers removed. When I asked what is the correct way to remove all the manager told me the spacers were not to be removed???? WTH? I mean I can cut the screw down and dress up the threads but really?

Ok so for now with two spacers in I hit the range, first ammo to test is Win green tip because I have like 3k rounds and it shoots very consistent sub 1" groups with my AR at 100 meters. Click.......... hmmmmm, light hammer strike, second try Click......... crap. Well switch to some PMC I have Bang, bang, mostly bangs and only two failure to fire in the box of 20.
    I clean the rifle and pay close attention to the bolt and lightly lube, retest......no difference.

So light hammer strikes, same issue I had with my last precision bolt gun purchase (different brand and the manufacturer stalled for weeks, but finally admitted they had an issue and sent another firing spring that fixed the problem 100%. So far I am waiting on the response from Savage but after my initial experience i have little hope they will have a 100% fix. Any suggestions from the forum?
    Last edited by Racegunz; 11-29-2021 at 10:41 PM. Reason: spelling error