Thread: Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone

This is my first post to the site, as in the past I have been using accurate shooter for information. It is a great site, but only has limited information for Savage rifles. See this is my 5th savage, and I have loved each and every one. Yes I've been competing in my clubs local 600 yard shoots, and just did my first NBRSA shoot. With tons of work, and much learning ahead of me I had one of three targets had a 1.80 group size. Not the best but I came in 4th place for group size. My two other targets showed me how much I need to do to learn reading the wind.

At the end I was told my savage would never be able to compete against the custom actions. That was a big mistake. See I'm a person who doesn't like being told I can't do something. This shot only proved to me I can compete, and yes I will move up the ladder.

Yes I'm disabled, and on SSI so I don't have unlimited funds. See I have found in life to start at a point, then build on it to achieve my goal. I have received a lot of great info on how to overcome my deficiency in reading the wind, and how to increase my speed of shooting in the same conditions, as well as many ataboys how how I did. Yes now I know my rifle can perform, and like they say when your at the bottom there is nowhere to go but up.

Here is the picture of my target. https://ibb.co/t8V4mR3

Thank you for reading my post, and yes I will be on here a lot more for technical help to improve my rifle/shooting
    Last edited by panamaszr12; 11-27-2021 at 01:06 PM. Reason: add image

Banned
    Howdy my friend. You are in good company. I can empathize. I’ve been 100% disabled since 2014. Ran over by an SUV. Spent a week in a Coma & 2 months in the hospital. Severe Brachial Plexus injury cost me use of my left arm & has left me with severe nerve pain 24/7 I even received a touch of brain damage. To this day I can’t remember the first 2 weeks after I woke from the Coma. Now it’s turned into SOME memory problems & constant overheating. But The Lord kept me here because He wasn’t done with me on this Earth spreading Christ’s name. And I praise His name.

I’m a pure Savage lover as well. Was the FIRST high power rifle I purchased at age 18; a Model 111 in 30-06. Have have several other over the years. I only build them now...from stripped Actions. As well as building other rifles & pistols. Not professionally. But my work ain’t too shabby.

Welcome to the forum. Don’t believe one will find a more knowledgeable pule of Savage information than here. And other firearms in general. Most of us are quite of anything that goes “BANG”! Well, except for Hi-Points. If you like Hi-Points than Get Out....NOW! LOL! J/K Whatever floats one’s boat.... baggin’ what I’m rakin’?

Team Savage
    welcome aboard

Re: your reply

Wow you have a serious time of it. I totally get it. after 4 back surgeries, and my last was a triple fusion to my low back, Then hip replacement surgery. I have had chronic pain for 35 years now, but like a timex I keep on ticking, LOL yes sometimes all we can do is laugh because of the pain. Yes like you having low or no pain is rare, and I cherish them. Like you we were put here for a reason, and with our stories maybe others will have hope that no matter what every day above ground is a day to celebrate.

Thank you for your story, and your words of inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Howdy my friend. You are in good company. I can empathize. I’ve been 100% disabled since 2014. Ran over by an SUV. Spent a week in a Coma & 2 months in the hospital. Severe Brachial Plexus injury cost me use of my left arm & has left me with severe nerve pain 24/7 I even received a touch of brain damage. To this day I can’t remember the first 2 weeks after I woke from the Coma. Now it’s turned into SOME memory problems & constant overheating. But The Lord kept me here because He wasn’t done with me on this Earth spreading Christ’s name. And I praise His name.

I’m a pure Savage lover as well. Was the FIRST high power rifle I purchased at age 18; a Model 111 in 30-06. Have have several other over the years. I only build them now...from stripped Actions. As well as building other rifles & pistols. Not professionally. But my work ain’t too shabby.

Welcome to the forum. Don’t believe one will find a more knowledgeable pule of Savage information than here. And other firearms in general. Most of us are quite of anything that goes “BANG”! Well, except for Hi-Points. If you like Hi-Points than Get Out....NOW! LOL! J/K Whatever floats one’s boat.... baggin’ what I’m rakin’?

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

Thank you for the Welcome

Team Savage
    welcome