Thread: Cabelas pine ridge scope

zakk13

Cabelas pine ridge scope

I mounted a Cabelas pine ridge 3x9x40 on my 300 wsm. Seem to hold up at the rifle range but just wanted some opinions or peoples experience with this scope. Any problems? My biggest concern is holding zero with this 300 magnum cartridge. ???

Re: Cabelas pine ridge scope

I have had one, and my buddy's had one. I wish you luck.

Both of ours were on much smaller caliber guns. Both broke. Internals blew out on them.

Sure they'll replace them free. Big Deal. Broke is broke.

Maybe yours will work out better than ours did.

I still have a Cabela's "Alaskan Guide" scope on one of my rifles. It's holding up just fine. I believe that scope is made by a different supplier.
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

zakk13

Thanks for the info. I plan on replacing it after rifle season hopfuly it hold up till then!

go in the bargain cave and you will see a lot of them refurbished for sale.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Captain Finlander

I know, it&#39;s all about budget but the Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 is arguably the best, brightest, clearest optic available for the money at $399.00 new in the box. Second choice would be a Leupold VX I or II and the best bargain scope offered right now is the Vortex Viper 2-7x32 for $169.95 at SWFA. The Viper is on par with the Nikon Monarch, are made at their plant and are typically priced similarly.

zakk13

Im looking at a couple scopes in my budget. Nikon prostaff, bushnell trophy xlt, and others in that 100 to 200 dollar price range. I have an older bushnell from 1998 on my 7mm mag and it held up pretty decent over the years my biggest problem with it is that it fogs up in really bad weather. Im sure they make them better now. lookes like theirs some good sales going on at bass pro and cabelas now so im going to shop around. In the mean time i just hope the pine ridge holds up for just 2 weeks in rifle season. I only need it to make one shot.

Captain Finlander

The optical quality of your scope choices are not as good as the Viper for the same or more money. Good luck!

zakk13

you mentioned the viper so i checked it out. most places want 399.00 or more. But vortex has other scopes the vortex crossfire is only 130.00 for a 4x12x40. So is the vortex crossfire any good?

zakk13

I also looked at their Dimondbacks probably the route i would go. Their selling the 4x12x40 for 189.00 and all the reviews iv found ARE GOOD!

You won&#39;t go wrong with any of the Vortex scopes. I have four of them and they perform flawlessly. Their lifetime no BS warranty is great.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Captain Finlander

I would rather have a brighter and clearer lower magnified scope for less money than a budget lined model of higher power.
    http://swfa.com/Vortex-2-7x32-Viper-...pe-P11226.aspx

HankG

Just a heads up that Cabelas has the Nikon Prostaff for sale at $99 and you can also get free shipping through the 17th of this month (use the code XSANTA). I placed my order for one, but it won&#39;t ship until later this month because they are on backorder. I&#39;m in no way saying the Prostaff is good or bad because I don&#39;t know yet, just pointing out the sale of an entry level Nikon. Here&#39;s the link:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunti...Tz_stype%3DGNU