Over in my introduction, I mentioned I'm a young dad "balling on budget" out here. Firstly, I must say now that I'm getting the feel for my 12 FV, I really like it. I see I can't post attachments, but I've included a link. I'm not trying to circumvent the rules here, I'm just too shooting ignorant to describe what groupings I shot whilst adjusting my scope. Group #1 didn't hit paper. I put the paper on my target at 278 yards from the bench.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kxa...ew?usp=sharing

That said, I would like to use the gun primarily for coyote and prairie dog control, perhaps a doe next fall where I might need a follow up shot. So the blind mag really confuses me. Bear in mind, this is the first new rifle I've ever purchased, not including my lever action Henry .22, which is a totally different ball game. Before that I shot my dad's Winchester 22-250 bolt action. It has a mag that holds 3 and feeds perfectly. This mag was told to me to be the same deal by the salesman, but for the life of me I cannot see how a .223 casing is supposed to go down into the mag. I couldn't just lay a round on top of the mag and chamber it. It caught the bottom edge of the chamber. I had to literally get each round finessed up toward the chamber before the bolt would carry it up and in. I'm sure this is an issue with my ignorance, but it is very frustrating and certainly counter productive to smoking the coyote you barely missed with shot #1.

Beyond that, I am thinking of doing a couple minor things to improve my repeatability and just the appeal of the gun. I have Warne medium rings which accommodate the 50 bell scope very close to the barrel, but probably need a cheek piece (really small guy). I figure a sleeve on the stock is a good way to get that done cheaply? Any suggestions on quality brands?

Second, I would like to upgrade to a 1 piece mounting rail, and probably even bed it to the barrel while I'm at it. Any good rails that will accommodate loading rounds easily and fit this specific model?

Finally, I would love to get a 10 round mag well into this weapon. Is that an upgrade that could get done without changing the stock entirely? I'd love to change the stock someday, but it's probably going to have to harvest me some pelts this winter before that can happen. Basically, anything I can do to get me out of loading one clumsy round at a time and hoping I absolutely get a perfect knock down with one shot.

Thank you, I apologize if I sound unintelligent or am asking obvious questions. Like I said, this is the first real rifle I've purchased for myself, and while I'm price conscious, I'd like to make it a decent looking gun that shoots very accurate and repeatable at 200+.

Thanks!