Thread: need chassis or stock

need chassis or stock

I finished my build except for the stock. I built a 25-06 on a Desert tactical 110 long action that came out as a 300 wm. I have the bolt head swapped and criterion barrel, trued barrel nut ,EGW lug and now have it completely together but need a stock and bottom metal. I found the flat bottom metal on ebay for $109 with magazine release on the metal and could order a magazine. My final budget is $400 and I'm undecided on what to do. Should I get a good stock and later get my bottom metal to finish or is there something out there affordable for me. Hogue full bedding block is $220 but not shore the bottom metal will work. Heres the bottom metal SAVAGE Model 110 LA Long ACTION BOTTOM METAL Magazine Well Frame DBM Matte Black | eBay What mag goes with this. I bought the action only as a take off and nothing with it.

If you're wanting to save some money right now you can get the plastic mag plate that uses the Axis style magazines for $28 from Boyds. It fits the same inlet as the metal mag plate so would be an easy upgrade in the future. This is the same bottom plate that comes on the Lightweight models and the Lady Hunter. As for the mag, any Axis mag will work with it and when you're ready to upgrade you just pop off the plastic bottom cap and replace it with the metal one that works with the metal mag plate.

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/acces...-mag-wellce47b
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

I found the Hogue full bedding block stock in green on their forum for $202 and $222 shipped so i went that rout. Thank you for the reply J Baker. I have been putting this gun together piece by piece for a while. Just hope its a shooter when done.

Give us a report on how it shoots.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67