I apologize in advance because I'm pretty inexperienced with rifles, my terms might be incorrect and my wording not precise.

I bought a model 11 (trophy DOA XP) and then also found a really nice LWH walnut stock on EBay. I did some digging on compatibility before getting it and everything I read made it sound like it should work. It has been sitting in the garage for quite awhile, but I finally tried to swap stocks yesterday.

I'm running into a few problems, and am not certain it is going to work out. The action screw spacing is correct (4.4), but it seems like I need a spacer or something. Perhaps a different trigger guard, as the opening in the wood stock is deeper than the plastic. When I try to tighten the screws using the trigger guard I have, it operates correctly well before the rear action screw is tight. If I continue to tighten it, the bolt release gets stuck open. Additionally, I'm unable to cycle the bolt. It takes quite a bit of muscle to even open it. The mag well is also a fair amount larger, but I think that has a simple/cheap solution: https://www.eabco.net/Savage-Short-A...l_p_14780.html

I would probably opt towards just selling the stock (and probably the rifle too) before sinking a whole lot of money into making this work.