Thread: Stock for 2021 Savage 110 hog hunter in 223

Stock for 2021 Savage 110 hog hunter in 223

Hello,
    I have a 2021 model 110 hog hunter in 223. I am looking to put a replacement stock on it. I contacted Boyd’s because under their 110 model options there is no choice for a short action heavy barrel detachable magazine, but there was under model 10. When I talked to their customer service, they said that the model 10 stock would not be compatible. Do any of you know if this is true? And if so know of a quality stock of another brand that will fit without issues. I would like to keep the stock under $400 and I do not care if it is laminate or synthetic materials. I read as many comparable posts about this as I could find and the most recent one basically said to talk to Boyd’s. I look forward to your help.

Basic Member
    Boyd’s is using the old model numbers (10 for short action and 110 for long). The info they provided is accurate.

But isn’t the 110 hog hunter in 223 a short action irregardless of it being a model 110?

The action screw spacing is 4.4”

Banned
    Yes. Savage got rid of the 10/110 terminology dictating Action size. It’s now just 110 Short Action & 110 Long Action. Aftermarket Manufacturers don’t change their terminology just because the firearms manufacturer does. You have a Short Action & therefore need the Boyd’s Model 10 stock.

I believe the hog hunter is bottom bolt release though. That may be an issue. I’d have to look at the exact stock.

Thank you so much for your help. Yes it is bottom bolt release, detachable magazine. Boyd’s has model 10 short action, bottom bolt release, detachable magazine, heavy barrel option. I wish manufacturers would be as knowledgeable as you. I greatly appreciate your help

Banned
    Yeah, I just looked on their sight. That’s what you want. Can’t blame Boyds. They make stocks for every manufacturer just about. Almost impossible to keep up with renaming things. For such a long time it’s been known that Savage uses model 10-16 for Short Action & model 110-116 for Long Action.

Just remember, the names aren’t important. Just know your screw spacing, and specs.(barrel contour, Bolt release location, etc.)

Basic Member
    https://promagindustries.com/archang...pe-d-magazine/ . all that it needs is the 223 mag they make . its for either 4.4 action or the one a little longer . top bolt and bottom bolt release . polymer / carbon fiber blend , pillar beded . on my 308 it improved groups 1/4 " from wood factory stock .

Quote Originally Posted by kingdombuilder View Post
    https://promagindustries.com/archang...pe-d-magazine/ . all that it needs is the 223 mag they make . its for either 4.4 action or the one a little longer . top bolt and bottom bolt release . polymer / carbon fiber blend , pillar beded . on my 308 it improved groups 1/4 " from wood factory stock .
    I have never seen one in person but the Batman looks just doesn't grow on me. It may be an awesome stock, I just don't think I'll ever find out. I am afraid everyone would think it was a water gun or something. Sorry Kingdombuilder.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned
    Yeah, not really my cup o tea either. But then, Im not so keen on Monte Carlo/shorter/hunting style stocks either. Especially not in hardwood/laminate. Hey, to those who enjoy the look of any mentioned, more power to ya. Go with a quality stock that you enjoy.

Basic Member
    I get it's not everyone's cup of tea . But I can tell you it's one of the most comfortable and we'll balanced stocks I have shot from . Standing prone and on bench . I am going to use it for hunting . Best value by far under 180.00

Basic Member
    That is a bargain for a stock like that.

Basic Member
    Only a mother could love. But hey if it works.......

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Woopig View Post
    Only a mother could love. But hey if it works.......
    Bad form!

Basic Member
    ��. I reckon so.

Basic Member
    Magpul's Hunter 110 stock for Savage 110 SA is coming in early 2022, per their web site. May be worth the wait. I just hope it will compatible with the bottom bolt release.