Thread: Precision .308 load for today.

Precision .308 load for today.

Loading 1 range box = 100 rnds with one of my favorite precision .308 loads.

MEN berdan brass, Tula primers, IMR-4064/ 45 gn pushing 136 gn fb custom bullets at around 2800. Every one of my rifles either bolt or semi seem to do well with this recipe.

Whatta Hobby!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Precision load.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	231.0 KB 
ID:	8213
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72

Banned
    Hmm. That’s one light 308. And moving pretty slow for the weight. I never messed with any 308 under 150gr. But if it works well for ya, cool beans!

Basic Member
    What is your custom bullet that you're having so much success with? Is it still available?
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    Do you reload the berdan brass or is it cheap enough to throw away?

Banned
    The real question here is: Were you born a Communist, or just been hanging out with too many BLM/ANTIFA LOSERS lately??

J/K I'm sure I'm not the only one though...it's a very "unique" load to say the least. Downright strange for those of us who have been entrenched in 308 Winchester for decades.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NF1E View Post
    Loading 1 range box = 100 rnds with one of my favorite precision .308 loads.

MEN berdan brass, Tula primers, IMR-4064/ 45 gn pushing 136 gn fb custom bullets at around 2800. Every one of my rifles either bolt or semi seem to do well with this recipe.

Whatta Hobby!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Precision load.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	231.0 KB 
ID:	8213
    define "precision" in terms of 100/200/300 yards in 5 shot groups

Basic Member
    Knowing NF1E from other forums, I can tell you that he likes to experiment and test various loads. If he says it works, it works, even if it's a bit unusual.

When he says it's a "precision" load - he means it.

Banned
    Still no definition of precision.

Quote Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
    knowing nf1e from other forums, i can tell you that he likes to experiment and test various loads. If he says it works, it works, even if it's a bit unusual.

When he says it's a "precision" load - he means it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdshooter2 View Post
    Still no definition of precision.

I expect he may post some photos of the results shortly.

From what I've seen, it will be under 1 MOA from a semi-auto battle rifle.

Banned

and here i thought this was a SAVAGE rifle site, i guess i missed that model.

Banned

Don't mean any offense, but why are you beating this guy's drum?? Little weird...just sayin'

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Don't mean any offense, but why are you beating this guy's drum?? Little weird...just sayin'

He is a regular on another site I frequently visit, and is considered an expert on building and reloading by most. He's former military. Not just some guy spouting off.

I guess I didn't get your joke - "Were you born a Communist, or just been hanging out with too many BLM/ANTIFA LOSERS lately??" - thought that was kinda weird...

Hopefully he will post some of the results to clarify his definition of "precision". He said it did well in both bolt (Savage) and semi-autos.

He is a regular on another site I frequently visit, and is considered an expert on building and reloading by most. He's former military. Not just some guy spouting off.

I guess I didn't get your joke - "Were you born a Communist, or just been hanging out with too many BLM/ANTIFA LOSERS lately??" - thought that was kinda weird...

Hopefully he will post some of the results to clarify his definition of "precision". He said it did well in both bolt (Savage) and semi-autos.
    But Mike...uhmmm PDShooter2 has his picture in Websters under precision.

How does a guy wake up in the AM looking for fights. Sad life.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned

Well, I guess you won’t get this one.

So how long have you been a secret admirer of this person who hasn’t returned since his first post? Your strange protection of the guy... THATS weird. Or just really, really GAY!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Well, I guess you won’t get this one.

So how long have you been a secret admirer of this person who hasn’t returned since his first post? Your strange protection of the guy... THATS weird. Or just really, really GAY!

Wow Dave - really?

As I've said, I know him from another site where he is a major player, very knowledgeable, and well-respected. What was all that "Communist" crap? I know he's a Marine, and felt your comment was just weird and uncalled-for - even though you were "j/k".

I just can't understand what you're getting at here. I've been here long enough for you to know I'm not just here giving people crap.

You've helped answer some of my questions, and I appreciate your experience, but I really don't understand your comments in this thread.

Basic Member
    I would not mind seeing how his ammo shoots and how he deprimes his brass. It is an interesting mix of components.

Reminds me that a lot of the precision shooters were starting to use Russian made components, especially primers. I had also thought about steel cases at one time. The downside to reloading is wear on dies, but, with Lee collet neck sizing that would not be an issue. I might have to try it next time I find a steel .308 case at the range.

The 'extra' comments are a bit puzzling.

Basic Member
    Ya know Dave, I probably would have stood up for you in the same way if the roles were reversed.