Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Observation AND Question....

Banned

Charlie, YEEEUP! I agree.

yobuck, I don’t care what you say in general. I have a problem with you quoting me, & being disingenuous. LYING about what you said being MY point of view. You aren’t fooling anyone. But please... continue. You just aren’t on my radar any longer sport.

Team Savage

Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    I've always believed that troubleshooting and leadership are two things that cannot be taught. You either have the ability or you don't.
    I agree wholeheartedly.

Team Savage
    Sign of the times! Breakfast this morning at our local Rod and Gun Club. Talking to my shooting buddies, normally we would have all shot at least 500 bullets this year, our average this year is 20! I am nearly out of primers and some powders, still have bullets but can't find new ones. I refuse to pay $50 for 100 primers and $50 for a # of powder.

Club trap range used to have 25-30 shooters shooting 20 squads on a normal Sunday morning. Our trap range is closed and has been for a month. Can't buy shells and powder, primers and shot are nonexistent.

I believe the supply is being manipulated and most of the kids are not serious shooters, no instant gratification. The older serious shooters are giving up due to supply and/or aging.

The millions of new guns are being sold for protection.... not sport or recreation. Those folks buy 2 boxes of shells and they will last for a lifetime. THE SUPPLY IS NOT CATCHING UP.

The left realized they could not get our guns.... but they can control the ammunition.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Charlie, YEEEUP! I agree.

yobuck, I don’t care what you say in general. I have a problem with you quoting me, & being disingenuous. LYING about what you said being MY point of view. You aren’t fooling anyone. But please... continue. You just aren’t on my radar any longer sport.
    I make it a practice not to lie about things Dave, and im not aware that i at least intentionally ever quote things you say.
    It could be maybe that you misinterpret some of what i say?
    And i do attempt to make joke of things at times, and i should learn thats difficult to do, especially with some people
    Not saying im always correct about things mind you, but im also carefull not to be giving my opinion on things ive never actually done myself.
    Which is why i dont comment (ever) on how to fix things, like Savages for example, especially since there are lots of experts here for doing that.
    Im also no expert on things like ammo, and all the various brands available today because fact is ive never used any of it.
    Reason being that ive been involved in loading since my teens, way back in the early 50s.
    When i find something that works for me at least well enough (for me) to do the things i do, im apt not to listen to others who think otherwise, and that includes things like loading and even shooting.
    Especially when i know their not actually involved in the type things i do.
    But hey, i guess if you own a canoe or a Kayak your a boater, and therefore qualified to answer all boating questions, right ?
    Do i need explain that Dave? I mean i know you live up there in Dutch Wonderland, and sometimes things need a bit extra explaining to some of the people there.

As for people being born with certain talents, yes i would agree to a certain extent.
    People like Luciano Pavarotti are very rare examples of that.
    Wealthy rap singers, not so much.
    Nolen Ryan, absolutely, same goes for other outstanding people in their field.
    But fact is that skills can be taught and learned, and the skill level reached isnt always about inborn talent.
    Determination and ambition can and does take some people further than those supposedly having more talent.
    Much to the chagrin of those having the superior talent.

Quote Originally Posted by bsekf View Post
    Sign of the times! Breakfast this morning at our local Rod and Gun Club. Talking to my shooting buddies, normally we would have all shot at least 500 bullets this year, our average this year is 20! I am nearly out of primers and some powders, still have bullets but can't find new ones. I refuse to pay $50 for 100 primers and $50 for a # of powder.

Club trap range used to have 25-30 shooters shooting 20 squads on a normal Sunday morning. Our trap range is closed and has been for a month. Can't buy shells and powder, primers and shot are nonexistent.

I believe the supply is being manipulated and most of the kids are not serious shooters, no instant gratification. The older serious shooters are giving up due to supply and/or aging.

The millions of new guns are being sold for protection.... not sport or recreation. Those folks buy 2 boxes of shells and they will last for a lifetime. THE SUPPLY IS NOT CATCHING UP.

The left realized they could not get our guns.... but they can control the ammunition.
    Closer to what the point I was trying to make.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12