Hello All,

Long time member here... I've been off pursuing other shooting sports- first F Class 600/ 1000 yd, then Shooting Steel at different places around NC/ SC out to 1680 yd.... best results under 1200 yd w/ 260 Rem Sav. 12 LRP/ AR10 Gas gun in 6.5 CM, 22" BA heavy bbl, tricked out, etc. and other stuff- Mil Surp, FAL's , etc....... So many guns, so little time ...

Anyways, I've built about a dozen Savages over the years- 223AI, 260 AI, 6mmbr, 250 savage. 308, .243, 6mmbrx etc. all either headspaced with fired brass/ scotch tape or with gages - whatever it took... lol so I'd say I've truly enjoyed playing with, building our beloved flexible, perfect for the tinker's amongst us Savages, etc. over the years with my Dad.

My 6mmbrx on a Fred's Trued Polished Sav. SS action, EVO trigger, PTG oversized fluted bolt, bushed firing pin, headspaced w no nut/ assembled by Mike Davis- BR Builder here in NC- has allowed me to win at least individual relays just goofin aroung up at Camp Butner/ F class in the past with an under $2K F class rig (no glass figured in that) vs $5K and above custom rigs with my crappy, sorted Horn 105 A max's back in the day.

I recently got back on this site after an approx 5-8 yr or so absence due to all the above and noticed its Really cut back- posts, classified's, possible interest in this really fun platform that "we can build it if we imagine it".

My Dad and I have talked as he's stayed active on here but neither of us understand what's happened? Compared to 5-8-10 yr ago, it seems interest has really dropped off, less custom, Ackleys, fun builds, less in the Classifieds, etc. where did everyone go?

I am wondering if its: More custom, new calibers in factory rifles like 6.5 PRC, .224 Val, 6.8 Western, 280 AI factory rifles, Possibly lack of ammo and reloading supplies due to Covid ... as a seperate topic and the universal catch all for everything this past 2 yr... lol , Or Savage Axis's cheaper and in more calibers, I don't know.

Can anyone help us understand what happened to our passion, challenge, pursuit of "building stuff" as many of us "old timer's " have over the past few yr??? Written with all due respect to our Savages!

Just curious, thoughts... ??