Thread: Custom 300AAC build

Custom 300AAC build

Hey all I bought a model 11 action from NSS and a 9 inch criterion barrel. I have the square bbl nut and recoil lug. Im putting it in a yankee hill Marc sport chassis and will have a silencerco harvester on the front. Ive lapped the lugs but now im considering having the action tuned and trued. Its only $175 to do it but Im concerned it may not really be worth the expense for a gun that will be a dedicated thermal scoped subsonic shooter and likely never even shoot much over 100 yd. My thermal has 1/2 min reticle adjustments so I cant really make it super dialed in. I may have already done more than necessary. I do want it to be super slick so I can get quick follow ups on running pigs without losing sight picture, but dont know if tuning, truing would help in that facet. Opinions?

Im aware of SBR regulations

Banned
    IMO, I don't believe it's worth it period. And certainly not in a case like your proposing. I can think of many other ways that $175 ($250+ with shipping), can be better used. But that's just me. Question for ya? Why'd you choose a Savage Bolt Action for this and not relegate the task to a cheap AR build?

Why savage, I've had 2 rem 700s in 300aac and one was junk second is barely acceptable accuracy wise. A guy liked my rem so I sold it to him. Savages are easy to build and relatively cheap. I have an AR in 300aac and sometimes use it. But when quiet is preferable to speed I prefer a bolt gun. And I often get as many shots with a bolt as a semi because it takes em longer to figure out their being shot at.