I am curious to why some of you are as fond of Savage as I am? I’ve been a fan since my first high power rifle purchase when I turned 18yo. For years it was simply what I knew. But as I gained experience, other factors took over & my fondness became genuine appreciation. For me, I saw & loved things in Savage that so many hated. Barrel nuts & floating bolt heads were always a “good” attribute in opinion. I’ve been listening for YEARS, that one MUST have a “qualified” gunsmith(whatever that is), work on any aspect of your firearm. Otherwise it WON’T be accurate, and will probably be dangerous, yadda, yadda. Well, ok. I also heard for years that Knifesmiths make the BEST knives with forging. Uh, huh. Thing is...when one studies metallurgy for years & years then starts making their own knives with modern, high speed & high alloy steels, one soon comes to realize that most of what Knifesmiths have been perpetuating for the last couple decades is 100% BS! But I digress. An experienced knifesmith can make a fine knife, so to can an experienced Gunsmith make a high quality firearm. But that doesn’t mean they are the ONLY ones who can. And just because a rifle doesn’t have a traditional shouldered barrel, does not mean inferiority...in accuracy, repeatability, longevity, etc. I would hope most here believe that. Thing that gets me is seeing some CUSTOM Action & rifle makers, NOW using their own proprietary BARREL NUTS & Floating Heads, then their rifles ripping out 1/4moa groups with BORING regularity. Oh....I guess they are GOOD characteristics now, right? Huh... I liked ‘em both on my ARs & saw the benefits from ‘05. Oh well.

Another big thing for me, but not for many, is the Accutrigger. I am in love with it. As modified by ME of course. Given a choice of any firearm WITH or WITHOUT a “Safe Action” trigger, I will always choose the one WITH!

Lastly for me I guess IS a point of loyalty. The Savage 110 is the LONGEST running continuously produced rifle in the United States, passing the Winchester model 70 in recent years. The Savage 110 IS America’s Rifle to me!