Thread: Striker Pistol Optics

Basic Member

Striker Pistol Optics

Any advise for mounting a red dot on .223 striker pistol? Has Weaver two piece bases. Will it work out to 100 yrds?

Basic Member
    I generally mount a Picatinney rail. I'm sure they're available with the correct hole spacing. They you can easily mount a red dot. They're as good at 100 yards as you are.

Usually, with the specialty pistols, I prefer a rifle scope since I'm always shooting them from a rest, but that's just me.

Hard to beat the Burris 2-7x or 3-12x for a Striker.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Has a fixed 4x but it's hard for me to get a sight picture. I mostly see black outside ring around the target. I'd like to hunt with it with a heavy bullet reload, so it would be a stand shooter.

Team Savage
    Rifle scopes seem to work pretty good on the SPs.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

With the short eye relief on rifle scopes I can't see how it would be comfortable to shoot a pistol with one - even from the bench, especially. My mild little 22-250 Striker would jump the muzzle 5-6" straight up when shooting off the bench with a bipod and a sandbag under the grip.

As for seeing black around the outer edge of the scope view, that's caused by improper eye relief. Could that 4x you have on it be a rifle scope rather than a handgun scope by chance?
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Is that Burris your referring to a pistol scope? I’m looking to replace the Tasco that came with it.

Basic Member
    I think it is a pistol scope, really short tube.

Team Savage
    "With the short eye relief on rifle scopes I can't see how it would be comfortable to shoot a pistol with one - even from the bench, especially. My mild little 22-250 Striker would jump the muzzle 5-6" straight up when shooting off the bench with a bipod and a sandbag under the grip"

You might do a little research into optics being used on the SP rigs. They DO make LER scopes just for that purpose. We could all live without a "scope eye".

You might check here.
    (https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/...007#7490099007)

Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

If you can put a brake on it rifle scope is the best way to go. Or add weight to it. But pistol scopes are ok too. I had rifle scopes on 223, 243, 30 bellm, and 450 Bush master strikers. No problem shooting them.

Basic Member
    Wish I could find a new or used Burris 2 X 6 but it is discontinued. I have to travel to get to a big outlet stores. It would be handy to handle one before purchasing. I know it will have to be a large eye picture.

Basic Member
    After screwing around with two pistol scopes, put on a one piece base, (the last available in the county), and a set of heavy rings with a Nikon 3 x 9 hunter rifle scope. Factory ammo is 1/2" groups off the bench and even with my very poor eye sight in dominate eye, I'm able to see the target. I can see the bold cross hairs and there is enough eye relief with the .223 not to get me punched in the face, by just a little.

When the dominate eye gets the new lens, maybe both will focus correctly. Went from 2080 to 2025 vision check in one week, working as advertised.

Basic Member
    This is an old thread, but I thought I'd add a fresh comment. DNZ is making a 1 piece mount that will work on a Striker [or similar Savage action]. 1"only, but they are nice mounts and reasonably priced. Made in USA as well.