Thread: Accuracy barrel

Accuracy barrel

I recently installed an Eabco "accuracy barrel" in 6.5 Lapua on a model 10 action. This thing will not shoot. I've tried 5 or 6 different bullets with as many different powders. Everything I've ever read about this round has said how easy it was to load for. I did the recommended break in when I first got it,cleaned it with kroil and JB. The last time I scrubbed it I checked it with my borescope and found 3 lands that actually started farther down the bore than the rest. I contacted Eabco about this and was basically told that was impossible and I need to shoot factory ammo in the barrel. I even sent them pictures. P*** poor customer service if you ask me. I figured I'd have to send it back on my dime so they could check it out, but no. Anyone thinking about one these barrels be forewarned. Buyer beware!
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

Banned
    Eabco is a bargain barrel company. Sometimes they shoot exceptionally well. Sometimes they won’t hit the braid side of a barn. Pretty much the same for their CS.

In other words, although an Eabco barrel MAY shoot lights out in a particular rifle, don’t expect them to perform like Bruce, Shilen, Bartlein, Douglas or any of the top shelf barrels with years & years of repeatable accuracy dependence.

I figured I'd have to send it back on my dime so they could check it out
    Sent you a PM.

Basic Member
    I recieved a barrel from a well known distributor with lands that went all the way to the chamber mouth.
    An indication as yours where reamer was not indicated with the bore. The reamer axis and bore axis were not parallel! The barrelmaker said it was not possible with a piloted reamer. Theory says it shouldn't happen. He argued with me over a refund and certainly will never get my nor my acquaintances business. The barrel was a shouldered Remington and in my experience needed a full setback, a better setup and a complete new chamber to cleanup what was there.
    It appears the half nut did not release and the thread gouged on to the shank. I believe they lost their initial indicating and chambered with their crash results.
    I mounted the barrel, shot 53 break in and load development shots and shot 54 the following weekend bagged me one of my biggest ever bucks.
    Some businesses are numb to customer requests when they are told they are wrong.

I like savage barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk