Thread: CB ammo in MKII?

Basic Member

CB ammo in MKII?

Will the MKII cycle the CB (shorts) or no?

NLPeaden

Re: CB ammo in MKII?

They don't fit in the magazine very well, and they don't cycle well because they're so short. You can assist the feed okay from magazine, but it's no fast repeater. They are silent to the point of *click* *thud*.

Basic Member

OK thanks. I bought a box today. currently the only 22LR I have is a semi auto and I know it won't cycle the action, but I am HOPING it will feed, cause it's not a fun rifle to try to single feed.

I want these to use for sitting in a tree on my prpperty and popping the stinking ground squirrels that are undermining all my oak trees. I may end up needing to get a henry levergun or a single shot.

Basic Member

Well they don't feed :-[, but it's not as bad as I remembered to single load. These things are sure quiet, and seem fairly accurate. I set up a round piece of 3/4" plywood, and marked a 1" bull in the center. set it out to about 25yds, and popped off about 9 rounds to see where they hit. It was dead on, and all but one (user error) was withing the 1" circle. Good enough for ground sruirrel at 25yds ;D.

I shot one into a dirt clod and heard the bullet hit my fence about 80yds away. They do ricochet!! ! I will be shooting almost straight down from a tree at the squirrels, so that shouldn't be an issue.

johnds

The 22 CB ammo is great for being quite. They average about 600 to 700 fps as I recall. I was not happy with their accuracy. I was using a single shot 22. It could have been the gun. The gamo air rifles have more power for not much more noise. I bought a case a couple of years ago if someone would like to buy some.

Johnds

NLPeaden

A .22 short CB still has a lot more energy than any air rifle.

Basic Member

Yea I doubt a 7gr 22 cal pellet at even 1000fps will have more energy that a 29gr bullet at 700fps. It's like comparing a 308 Win to a 458 Win Mag.