Thread: Trophy Hunters

Basic Member

Trophy Hunters

After my Grandsons purchased Trophy Hunters in 6.5 Creedmoor, I purchased one to work up some loads for them.
    The first hunt with it was for an antelope and I was able to connect.
    Later I purchased the 7mm-08. Pleasant to shoot but so far I’ve only taken one coyote with it. Hit a little far back but was an offhand shot at 125 yards.
    I’d never had a .270 before but when I saw one in the local sporting good store for $395 scope included I couldn’t pass on it. It is yet to get blood but has seen some time afield as witnessed by the dirty stock.
    It has actually done great on paper with some limited trials.
    These are still set up pretty much as purchased with the original 3-9 Nikon scopes. The only mods I did was to put different rings on the Creedmoor and the 7mm-08. So far, no issues with any of them and I believe them to be a good value. I could do all of my hunting with these three and not feel under gunned, but I don’t live in grizzly country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Excellent results. Great grouping! Found an awesome load there.

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by Alderman View Post

After my Grandsons purchased Trophy Hunters in 6.5 Creedmoor, I purchased one to work up some loads for them.
    The first hunt with it was for an antelope and I was able to connect.
    Later I purchased the 7mm-08. Pleasant to shoot but so far I’ve only taken one coyote with it. Hit a little far back but was an offhand shot at 125 yards.
    I’d never had a .270 before but when I saw one in the local sporting good store for $395 scope included I couldn’t pass on it. It is yet to get blood but has seen some time afield as witnessed by the dirty stock.
    It has actually done great on paper with some limited trials.
    These are still set up pretty much as purchased with the original 3-9 Nikon scopes. The only mods I did was to put different rings on the Creedmoor and the 7mm-08. So far, no issues with any of them and I believe them to be a good value. I could do all of my hunting with these three and not feel under gunned, but I don’t live in grizzly country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I shot some fantastic groups with my .308 Trophy Hunter - the first of many Savages for me. Enjoy yours!