Thread: Help with what stock my 110 uses

Basic Member

Help with what stock my 110 uses

I have a 110 long action with serial number F4389XX that I purchased with a broken stock. While looking at various sources online, I so staggered magazine, straight magazine, flap top, etc. etc. I don't want to end up ordering the wrong thing. I called Savage, but they said my rifle predates the current ownership by a couple months so they can't provide any information. I'm looking for a Boyd's etc. I just want a wood or synthetic stock to get the rifle back up and running. Any guidance on what stock I should be looking for?

Banned
    Choose which stock you want & show us here. We can tell you if it will fit or not. One thing, any Savage Long Action stock will fit. It may need modification, but can make it work well. Do you want it Blind or Detachable Mag? And note your barrel contour when choosing.

Basic Member
    I’m just guessing here but with the F prefix on the serial number I would say you have a flat back, stagger feed, too bolt release, long action.
    That info should enable you to find a stock that will fit your rifle. You can also find more info in the FAQ section.

https://www.savageshooters.com/showt...-Article-Links

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by olddav View Post
    I’m just guessing here but with the F prefix on the serial number I would say you have a flat back, stagger feed, too bolt release, long action.
    That info should enable you to find a stock that will fit your rifle. You can also find more info in the FAQ section.

If the "flat back" refers to the top of the receiver, that would be correct. The top rear of the action is flat unlike the rounded front action ring section.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Choose which stock you want & show us here. We can tell you if it will fit or not. One thing, any Savage Long Action stock will fit. It may need modification, but can make it work well. Do you want it Blind or Detachable Mag? And note your barrel contour when choosing.
    I'm just wanting a cheap (hopefully) takeoff or used stock with the same blind magazine. The lady at Savage said the action screw hole spacing was different on the older guns.

Basic Member
    Check the link in my earlier post and you will find info on action screw spacing.

I've got an older wood stock came off of a Savage 7mm, let me know if you want some pics.

Sent from my motorola one zoom using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by olddav View Post

All Savage long actions have 5.062" screw spacing.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67