Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jamming just before fully chambering. Here is the fix for 110/10 and axis family

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    Yea I actually have a punch that is perfectly sized for the ejector pin. I have had the ejectors and extractors out of my rifles several times over the years.
    I punch the pin loose, then use a empty piece of brass and place it under the extractor and compress the ejector and then push the pin out and then carefully release it. Reassembly is the same.
    Have not lost one yet, but there is always a first time for everything. Plus having spare parts is always nice.

Funny, now that I think about it, I think only my short actions have done this (308 and 223). I do not remember my long action in 6.5x55 has had this issue that I can remember.
    my first one to ever do it, was a 6.5cm. i thought it had something to do with the angle of the shoulder or something. Then my 300PRC did it. That is most definitely a long action round.

Basic Member
    I've got a model 12LRP that tends to do that from time to time. I may have to get an extra ejector and give this a try.

Basic Member
    My loading/work bench has a wood 2x4 frame. I have a flathead screw with the head size that just fits in the bolt head recess. I use my belly to press the bolt on to that screw head, which is screwed into the bench just in front of where I sit. . With the ejector compressed o have both hands available to hold the punch and tap the retaining pin out.
    O turned the punch tip down to .059 or .060 to just fit the retaining pin hole.

Basic Member
    I have this issue occasionally with my 110 Storm in 300WM. I think this thread should be a sticky at the top of both the 110 and Axis forums.

Mike

Basic Member
    Very late update. Got really busy for a long time and did not get to shoot the 223 until just a week or so after doing the ejector mod. I had actually forgot I had done it.
    It was not until after shooting it a couple more times I noticed it had not jammed once.
    So far I have shot probably close to 100 rounds and not one single feed/jam issue.
    I did the same mod to my 308 and shot 50 rounds through it a few weeks ago without any issues as well.

Im close to three hundred rounds of 300 PRC after the modification with zero issues whatsoever. For me this was definitely the fix.

Banned
    Nate! Where ya been brohiem!?

been busy with other projects and work. That 300PRC is 100% finished and i'm thinking of selling it. Kinda wanting an Armalite AR50-A1.

That said i'm just about to start a major motor swap project on my M35A2. Ditching the pathetically weak multi fuel for a big block chevy. Truck is right at 2600 rpm at 60 mph. To much for a inline 6 diesel but just right for a big block chevy. That and i want the snap to be able to spin the tires when in the mud.
    That said i'll be selling what is left of the 1966 Chevy C60 that im pulling the motor out of. No title on the truck but its just too nice to crush.

sure is nice owning a semi truck and trailer for picking up large toys lol

Basic Member
    If your serious about selling that 300 PRC, send me a pm with some pics. Back on topic, was always told the jamming was from the floating bolt design. All of my savage bolt rifles did this. Sold all but my 308, which I’m considering selling. Will consider this fix now.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    If your serious about selling that 300 PRC, send me a pm with some pics.
    PM sent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12