Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: .308 to 6mmBR advice

Banned

dave,
    some one did disagree constantly
    he is now on my ignore list
    the op said
    "I’ve hit the limitations of my .308, I’m done with it. Tossed around.243 AI but I’ve decided on 6br"

if you want the possibility of accurate shooting at 1000, then as was mentioned, look at what the others do.
    2 real rounds for 1000 in 6mm, 6BRA and 6 dasher.
    the bra is newer and more popular because it is easier to build, both are a tie in accuracy(imho).
    one person keeps harping that 6br will work it ,will not.
    it will be just like his 308, close but no cigar.
    inspite of the FACTS he kept pushing 6br with no FACTS TO BACK UP HIS OPINION.
    what he put up showed just the opposite, but he just kept it up.
    have a nice sunday
    ( oh i own a 6br..)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    I’m still trying to figure out what pdshooter is arguing?? Nobody disagreed, rather simply said what they intend to do. Why is someone so personally attacked by another showing 6BR?

Basic Member
    I finally made someone's ignore list. :)

Wow! Read this through to the end. Learned 2 things.

First, I'm wondering if PBSHOOTER has ever laid down on a mat with an M1A1 and shot at 1,000 with irons. It is truly a humbling experience. I learned more about my own limitations than my rifle's.
    PBSHOOTER might want to talk to G David Tubb about the .308 at 1,000.

Second, I'm beginning to believe the PBSHOOTER is a true keyboard warrior that must have everyone exhibit subservience to his comments. I'm thinking he might fit right in with today's college teaching faculty....
    "Omnia Mea Mecum Porto"

Banned
    I HAVE SHOT WITH G.DAVID TUBB, AND OVER 20 YEARS AGO WE DISCUSSED THE 6.5X47 CARTRIDGE as an option in target rifle.
    over 20 years ago i built a full blown m1a1 with a mcmillian stock and 5 pillar bedding.
    the op said he was done with 308, not me. i have a stack of 308 rifles.
    nothing else you have said has anything to so with the subject. my guess is you are a keyboard shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by mikebritton View Post
    Wow! Read this through to the end. Learned 2 things.

First, I'm wondering if PBSHOOTER has ever laid down on a mat with an M1A1 and shot at 1,000 with irons. It is truly a humbling experience. I learned more about my own limitations than my rifle's.
    PBSHOOTER might want to talk to G David Tubb about the .308 at 1,000.

Second, I'm beginning to believe the PBSHOOTER is a true keyboard warrior that must have everyone exhibit subservience to his comments. I'm thinking he might fit right in with today's college teaching faculty....

I finally made someone's ignore list. :)
    Gee Charlie "ain't life swell?"

You guys staying warm down under? Been warmish up here and dry.

Not going to get drawn farther into your game than I mistakenly already have.
    I shot with Tubb as well at the Ft. Wolters 1,000 yd range in Mineral Wells, Texas in the mid 90's.
    My comments were concerning your inability to have a calm conversation, and see anyone else's viewpoint. All I am going to say from here on, I don't have the time.
    "Omnia Mea Mecum Porto"

Banned
    I’ve never shot with David Tubb.....but my name IS DAVID!! That’s clearly the best!

Seriously, why does it matter who we’ve bumped hips with? I sold 17 Colt 6920’s to 2008 World Series, All-Star Philly’s Pitcher, Cole Hamels. Guess that makes me better at understanding major league pitching, right?
    I also met James Gandolfini(Tony Soprano), in a downtown Nashville Strip-Bar! That clearly makes me BEST to understand the North Jersey Italian crime syndicate... yeah?

Honestly. I don’t understand the name dropping. They are their own people just as we.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wbm View Post
    Gee Charlie "ain't life swell?"

You guys staying warm down under? Been warmish up here and dry.
    Yeah. It dipped down below freezing once so far, but, really dry here too.

After living in Tijeras for a number of years I had my fill of winter snow. But, I never get tired of rain when we get it. I have found it is almost universal of those raised in the desert. My kids still love rainy days. One lives in Columbia, SC and the other was in Seattle but is now in Jacksonville. I think they have seen more rain in one year (month?) than they did for much of their teen years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    Yeah. It dipped down below freezing once so far, but, really dry here too.

After living in Tijeras for a number of years I had my fill of winter snow. But, I never get tired of rain when we get it. I have found it is almost universal of those raised in the desert. My kids still love rainy days. One lives in Columbia, SC and the other was in Seattle but is now in Jacksonville. I think they have seen more rain in one year (month?) than they did for much of their teen years.
    I LOVE Las Cruces, NM; the whole South West. Arizona is still my favorite place on this Earth!

Quote Originally Posted by pdshooter2 View Post
    I HAVE SHOT WITH G.DAVID TUBB, AND OVER 20 YEARS AGO WE DISCUSSED THE 6.5X47 CARTRIDGE as an option in target rifle.
    over 20 years ago i built a full blown m1a1 with a mcmillian stock and 5 pillar bedding.
    the op said he was done with 308, not me. i have a stack of 308 rifles.
    nothing else you have said has anything to so with the subject. my guess is you are a keyboard shooter.
    Welcome Back "Mike in Colorado". I hope you can give your arm a rest and just have conversation. You can get your validation by making friends but you won't ever see it making nothing but enemies.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Welcome Back "Mike in Colorado". I hope you can give your arm a rest and just have conversation. You can get your validation by making friends but you won't ever see it making nothing but enemies.
    Robin, you made mention of "Mike in Colorado" in this thread as well. https://www.savageshooters.com/showt...-Western/page3

What, or WHO is that?? Is pdshooter a member you know from somewhere else...or another repeat here? Or is it a saying you are likening them to? Just curious what it's all about.

Geeeeez !! I step away for a few days, and things are going south again.....

Fellas, for what it's worth, and since Dave Tubbs was mentioned.....The 6Br can be
    relevant out to a thousand. Throated long and using Dave's 115 DTacs, It will
    print and be in the money. Barrel life though is a concern though for the speeds.

And for what it's worth.....In 2003, Kyle Brown set a 1000 yard world record with the
    standard 6br with a Shilen select and 105 Hornady A-Max's. It was'nt the cartridge.
    it was the man driving it.
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

Basic Member
    Dave,

I do agree with you about the Southwest. Born and raised in Phx. Father's family moved there in 1927 from Kansas to be a HS teacher at Glendale HS (also where mother and father started teaching). Mother's father came to the US through Ellis Island in 1904 from what was then Austria (now Montenegro) and worked in the copper mines in Bisbee and then Globe.

We ended up in Las Cruces because I was assigned to White Sands Missile Range. When I retired from the Army we decided to stay in the area. Lived outside Albuquerque for a bit (job driven) and then came back (longer story). Wife's sisters also live here.

One reason I like it here is the range complex the city built and maintains. Bunch of 50 and 100yd shooting 'bays', 30 station silhouette range, 300 and 1000yd rifle ranges. Trap, skeet and sporting clays ranges (Wed, Sat and Sun only, fee required). No range officers, just go out and shoot any time during daylight hrs.

And for what it's worth.....In 2003, Kyle Brown set a 1000 yard world record with the
    standard 6br with a Shilen select and 105 Hornady A-Max's. It wasn't the cartridge.
    it was the man driving it.
    +1.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    Dave,

I do agree with you about the Southwest. Born and raised in Phx. Father's family moved there in 1927 from Kansas to be a HS teacher at Glendale HS (also where mother and father started teaching). Mother's father came to the US through Ellis Island in 1904 from what was then Austria (now Montenegro) and worked in the copper mines in Bisbee and then Globe.

We ended up in Las Cruces because I was assigned to White Sands Missile Range. When I retired from the Army we decided to stay in the area. Lived outside Albuquerque for a bit (job driven) and then came back (longer story). Wife's sisters also live here.

One reason I like it here is the range complex the city built and maintains. Bunch of 50 and 100yd shooting 'bays', 30 station silhouette range, 300 and 1000yd rifle ranges. Trap, skeet and sporting clays ranges (Wed, Sat and Sun only, fee required). No range officers, just go out and shoot any time during daylight hrs.
    Great story Charlie, thank you for sharing. White Sands was beautiful...I sincerely loved going through there on our way to living in Tucson. Just such a cool place...smack, dab in the middle of red/brown/green mountains & desert; this GIANT bowl of pure white sand! Incredible!
    Such fond memories of mine from there. And YES...how I do miss basically my BACK YARD being my shooting range, LOL! More so NOW, that I have a rig actually capable of near 1 mile distances...even if I’m not so much.

Basic Member
    Yep, the monument is really pretty. The best time to visit is when they ar eopen at night. During a full moon and clear night it is one of those 'sould searching' times.

Of course, half the year we have to put up with winds that will sandblast your car, so pick the season wisely :)

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Banned
    let's "circle back to that"
    when the author gets his rifle built and can produce some
    DOCUMENTATION of its accuracy at 1000 yards.

when people cannot have a fact driven conversation, typically because they are wrong, they stoop to name calling.
    it appears some of you have gone thare.

Banned
    Pdshooter... first of all, what are you talking about?? And B, what is your purpose here? All you’ve done is bring a whole mess o’ drama. Also, NO ONE has told you once you are wrong! Only what they prefer. However, you have told others, point plank, they are wrong... you’ve been divisive & constantly confrontational.

Your new here and seem to know what you are talking about. But as I see it, either you are a former member who was BANNED, and just looking to start ISH. Or, you are a dug in at maybe Snipers Hide or the like, and are just looking to start ISH. I hope I’m wrong on both accounts.

Team Savage

Since powderburnz, the guy who started this topic, last commented at the bottom of page 2, I think he got the answers he was looking for and the topic has run its course. Suggest those who wish to continue arguing over powderburnz' decision take it off forum as the senseless bickering serves no further useful purpose.

Jim can reopen this topic if he disagrees my decision.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234