nathantc,

Sorry to intrude in your interesting interchange, but both my Oryx chassis mounted on 12FV Savage actions (.223 and 6.5mm Creedmoor) are torqued to 60 in.-lbs. and they both shoot great.
They are mounted on Sinclair Gen 3 F-Class bi-pods using a rear bag shot from a bench and my results are in both the Ammunition and Reloading threads and the 110-Series Bolt-Action Threads.
The Sinclair bipods don't rotate once clamped down so I can't speak to the impact of a bi-pod that moves while you are setting up.

The Oryx torque recommendation is 60 in.-lbs so the comments about Savage actions not being torqued that tight are not based on knowledge of Oryx stocks.

Don't give up on your new barrel just yet.
You obviously know what you are doing, and it looks to me that you have an outstanding set up. But it might help to check out a couple of little things that could be causing you problems with a new rifle with just a little time behind the trigger. Not every problem is solved by modifying equipment. Set-up consistency can eliminate a lot of shooter induced variations.

Consider that the Oryx stock has little to no drop in the stock (like a recoil tube AR) so if you have the rifle mounted low on the bench or low when you are shooting prone, you may be hunched over.
That would create real problems trying to get a consistent set up.
And variations in your set up will move the POI around, even if you think you are aiming at exactly the same point.

1) Moving in or out on the scope could be moving your POI up or down respectively. I have measured that about 1/8 inch change in eye relief can move your POI by 1/4 inch. It is that sensitive.

2) Also, if you are not on the optical plane of the scope, you could be moving the POI to the right or left.
(To avoid such problems, I check my position before each shot by slightly moving my head back from the scope eye piece until I see the black ring around the scope image.
If the black ring is concentric, I know I am on the optical plane and just move back until the ring goes away making sure it stays concentric until it just disappears. Stopping when the black ring just disappears also eliminates moving in too far on the scope and helps with eliminating item the problem described in item 1)

3) And lastly, if you are seeing the scope move off your POA after a shot, probably to the right, you have the butt of the stock too far out of the notch in you shoulder.
The recoil is pushing your shoulder back and the barrel is moving to the right.
Even a slight movement during recoil actually moves the POI even though the bullet takes only about 1 millisecond to go down the barrel.

I hope this helps.